Manager, Baseball Communications
The Specialist, Communications will be responsible for developing and managing engaging content through multiple internal and external channels, focused on employee engagement and business communications. Additionally, the Specialist will provide project coordination for communications and marketing initiatives, plan development, writing, editing, proofing, and other related communications activities. We are looking for talented team members that are driven, inclusive, passionate, and accountable to join our winning culture.
• Assist with Business Communications, including the preparation of first drafts of press releases, media pitches, talking points, internal e-mails, and more.
• Coordinate media events to promote the Miami Marlins organization and loanDepot park.
• Manage the organization's media monitoring processes; providing regular communication across the organization on successes and key metrics.
• Provide internal departments with media values and impressions upon request; compiling detailed reports for each campaigns in marketing and community impact.
• Maintain, build, and customize media distribution lists.
• Serve as the communications team's day-to-day contact with third-party agencies.
• Serve as member of the organization's Culture Committees and assist in the bookkeeping and coordination of events
• Provide media support for loanDepot park events and shows.
• Understand the company's internal communications strategy and priorities to propose and develop communications plans and strategies to inform and celebrate Marlins and loanDepot park staff
• Streamline and enhance communication cadence and methods, incorporating latest industry trends and best practices.
• Ensures all communications are consistent and aligned with the organization's brand identity, strategic direction, business philosophies and general practices.
• Develops communications plans to enhance the team member experience.
• Oversee the official LinkedIn page, which includes drafting posts, curating a schedule, and tracking analytics.
• Regularly update internal communications platforms and the department's calendar.
• Track award opportunities, submissions and wins.
• Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Requirements:
• Excellent verbal, written and administrative skills
• Experience with Project Management.
• Strong organizational skills with ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines in a high-energy, fast-paced environment.
• Independent, self-starter with exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to collaborate with multiple departments.
• Must show initiative, willingness to learn and sound decision-making skills to build and maintain professional relationships with media.
• Must be available to work on select nights and weekends.
• A strong working knowledge in Excel, Word, and Power Point required. Working knowledge of SharePoint, Photoshop, InDesign, Adobe Illustrator and WordPress a plus.
Suggested Education & Experience Guidelines:
• Bachelor's degree in Communications, Public Relations, Marketing or related field required.
• Minimum of one year of Communications/PR experience required
• Experience in project management
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gqewpz-44-197-101-251-42 in your application.