VP, Business & Legal Affairs
Beverly Hills, CA
• Analyze deal opportunities and formulate business strategies with respect to various scripted television development and production matters, with an emphasis on international co-productions
• Structure, negotiate and draft a high volume of scripted development and production agreements, including license agreements, executive producer agreements, writer agreements, director agreements, rights agreements and talent/test option agreements
• Oversee production legal for various international productions, working with a broad range of in-house personnel (e.g., creative, production, etc.)
• Develop and suggest policies and parameters in connection with various business practices.
• Advise senior management in connection with deal strategies and complex business and legal matters
• Maintain relationships with key agencies, managers and attorneys in the entertainment community
• 5+ years' prior experience at an entertainment law firm and/or major media entertainment company with substantial experience in scripted television development and production
• Extensive and in-depth knowledge of negotiating and documenting entertainment scripted transactions with an ability to operate independently with minimal supervision
• Must be detailed oriented and possess superior negotiation, drafting, organizational and time management skills
• Solid working knowledge of guild and union issues and various entertainment industry customs and practices
• Previously established relationships with key agencies, managers and attorneys in the entertainment community
• Must have a cooperative, positive, team-oriented approach
• Ability to develop highly effective and productive working relationships with senior company executives
• Ability to communicate in a clear, concise and succinct manner both verbally and in writing
• JD degree from top tier law school
• Admission to the California State Bar
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rb7bek-18-204-2-146-42 in your application.
Become a part of one of the most dynamic and iconic entertainment studios in the world. Enjoy a collegial familial work environment that is brimming with excitement growth and success. Our team is full of forward thinking, open minded, and enthusiastic employees that continuously nourish our growing company. We are committed to bringing on the most talented, passionate and creative people, who want to succeed at a company that promotes internal growth and encourages opportunities to those who are passionate about growing alongside this company.