Senior Counsel / VP - Legal and Business Affairs
Beverly Hills, CA
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. (''MGM'') is seeking an experienced Senior Counsel to join the Theatrical Business and Legal Affairs team to negotiate and draft a variety of development and production agreements.
• Structure, negotiate, and draft a variety of development and production agreements, including option and rights acquisition agreements, writer, producer, director and actor agreements, distribution, and finance agreements
• Interface on a day-to-day basis with various internal groups and production personnel on the legal issues on films, including union and guild matters, clearances, credits, and insurance requirements
• Analyze and interpret contracts and provide thoughtful legal advice on a wide range of legal areas
• Research, summarize, and advise on various legal issues that arise during development and production
• JD degree from top tier law school
• Admission to the California State Bar
• 3+ years prior experience at a law firm and / or major media entertainment company
• 3+ years of drafting and negotiating of development and / or production legal affairs matters at a studio or production company
• Strong legal acumen with the ability to demonstrate sound judgment
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Excellent ability to evaluate issues and propose/implement solutions
• Ability to work quickly and independently while being able to contribute successfully to cross-functional team
Become a part of one of the most dynamic and iconic entertainment studios in the world. Enjoy a collegial familial work environment that is brimming with excitement growth and success. Our team is full of forward thinking, open minded, and enthusiastic employees that continuously nourish our growing company. We are committed to bringing on the most talented, passionate and creative people, who want to succeed at a company that promotes internal growth and encourages opportunities to those who are passionate about growing alongside this company.