Beverly Hills, CA
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. (''MGM'') is seeking an experienced Attorney with at least 2 years of unscripted production legal experience. The candidate must be self-motivated and capable of handling multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced environment, with meticulous attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
In this role the successful candidate will handle the day-to-day legal functions for one or more unscripted productions. The candidate will be responsible for all legal matters related to production legal affairs including structuring, drafting, and negotiating a wide range of production-related agreements, including location, talent, above-the-line and vendor agreements, pre-broadcast clearance review, and advising on clearance issues. The candidate will also analyze and interpret contracts and provide thoughtful legal advice on potential risks and issues in a wide range of legal areas, including intellectual property/copyright.
• Initiate, structure, negotiate, and draft agreements
• Interface with production personnel/crew and MGM business/legal affairs executives
• Ability to work under pressure and significant time constraints
• JD degree from top-tier law school
• Member of California State Bar
• Ability to deal effectively with a variety of legal matters at once
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Solid understanding and knowledge of production, copyright, and other entertainment legal concepts (e.g., clearance, trademark, etc.)
• Proactive business-oriented approach
The successful candidates will also possess the following:
• Passion for production
• Hands-on production experience
• Music-related legal experience
• Experience working with all levels of broadcasters and distributors and on pilots and first-time series
Become a part of one of the most dynamic and iconic entertainment studios in the world. Enjoy a collegial familial work environment that is brimming with excitement growth and success. Our team is full of forward thinking, open minded, and enthusiastic employees that continuously nourish our growing company. We are committed to bringing on the most talented, passionate and creative people, who want to succeed at a company that promotes internal growth and encourages opportunities to those who are passionate about growing alongside this company.