Beverly Hills, CA
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc., (''MGM'') is seeking a Manager of Intercompany Accounting to oversee the accounting for day-to-day transactions between MGM and its subsidiaries and affiliates, including its parent company, Amazon.com Inc. (''Amazon'').
• Manage the month-end close process for all intercompany transactions
• Understand the process flow for how intercompany transactions are recorded by each subsidiary and affiliate; identify and implement process improvements
• Monitor intercompany activity and ensure amounts are correctly accounted for
• Partner with Amazon accounting teams to implement and monitor intercompany accounting policies and procedures according to Company guidelines and resolve functional issues
• Provide thought leadership and drive deployment of an automated solution for Intercompany
• Develop systems and processes that reduce risk of intercompany out-of-balances, provide process efficiencies, and standardize global processes for intercompany transactions
• Work cross-functionally with various divisions including TV Accounting, Amazon Accounting, EPIX, Production Finance, and Corporate Planning to track intercompany transactions
• Advise teams on how to best record, reconcile and report on intercompany transactions
• Execute audit requests
• Bachelor's or higher degree in Accounting or Finance
• CPA preferred
• Public Accounting experience preferred
• In depth technical understanding of US GAAP
• Strong analytical and communication skills are required
• Advanced computer skills
• Prior experience in entertainment is a plus
• Understanding of intercompany accounting processes
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r0e5ye-18-232-177-219-42 in your application.
Become a part of one of the most dynamic and iconic entertainment studios in the world. Enjoy a collegial familial work environment that is brimming with excitement growth and success. Our team is full of forward thinking, open minded, and enthusiastic employees that continuously nourish our growing company. We are committed to bringing on the most talented, passionate and creative people, who want to succeed at a company that promotes internal growth and encourages opportunities to those who are passionate about growing alongside this company.