Senior Counsel, Theatrical Business and Legal Affairs
Beverly Hills, CA
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. (''MGM'') is seeking an entertainment paralegal with significant research experience in the entertainment industry to join the Legal Division's Library Rights Management Team, one of the core groups responsible for legal oversight of MGM's fabled film library.
• Assist in the day-to-day operations of the team
• Perform research and chain of title review for new acquisitions and films in release, as well as film, television, stage and new media development projects
• Will prepare written memoranda, reports and chain of title documentation
• Perform related administrative tasks as needed
• Must be able to maintain discretion and confidentiality in a sensitive environment
• Strong academic credentials
• Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience in the entertainment industry
• Highly motivated, detail-oriented self-starter, able to work independently on multiple, high priority tasks in a fast-paced corporate environment
• Ability and desire to work within a team environment, including an ability to effectively collaborate, be receptive to constructive feedback and be diplomatic when communicating and interacting with superiors and colleagues
• Superior written and verbal communication skills, combined with strong critical thinking, and determined and tenacious problem-solving skills with the ability to propose practical, responsive solutions
• Superior organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail
• Able to review and analyze a wide array of complex agreements.
• Familiarity with entertainment terms of art as well as industry custom and practice
• Ability to recognize and seek guidance on issues beyond one's knowledge or comfort zone and be comfortable with close oversight and supervision
• Knowledge of the film, television and new media production processes
• Familiarity with DGA, SAG and WGA agreements (including separated rights)
• Familiarity with copyright and chain-of-title issues
• Excellent computer skills (MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, Adobe, and aptitude to quickly master other databases/applications)
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dykwmp-3-235-120-150-42 in your application.
Become a part of one of the most dynamic and iconic entertainment studios in the world. Enjoy a collegial familial work environment that is brimming with excitement growth and success. Our team is full of forward thinking, open minded, and enthusiastic employees that continuously nourish our growing company. We are committed to bringing on the most talented, passionate and creative people, who want to succeed at a company that promotes internal growth and encourages opportunities to those who are passionate about growing alongside this company.