Manager, Intercompany Accounting
Beverly Hills, CA
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc., (''MGM'') is seeking an Executive Director of Reporting, Intercompany Accounting and Financial Systems. This role is responsible for preparing and delivering certain key internal reporting to our parent company, Amazon.com Inc. (''Amazon''), as well as overseeing the intercompany accounting for day-to-day transactions between MGM and its subsidiaries and affiliates, including Amazon. This individual will also play a critical role in the design and implementation of financial system integrations necessary to centralize and streamline the financial activity of MGM and Amazon Studios.
• Review MGM's consolidated monthly reporting and manage the delivery of financial data to Amazon
• Work cross-functionally with MGM and Amazon accounting teams to prepare and/or deliver monthly and quarterly reporting, including 10-K and 10-Q disclosure support
• Manage all aspects of month, quarter, and year-end financial close as it relates to intercompany accounting transactions
• Lead point of contact for intercompany issues across subsidiaries and affiliates
• Understand the operational process flow for all intercompany transactions; design and implement process flow improvements
• Provide thought leadership and drive deployment of an automated solution for Intercompany accounting practices
• Partner with Amazon accounting teams to implement and monitor intercompany accounting policies and procedures according to Company guidelines and resolve functional issues
• Work cross-functionally with various teams at MGM and Amazon to understand each team's operational requirements for key financial systems; assist in the design and implementation of system integrations related to accounting
• Manage multiple projects simultaneously in a deadline driven environment
• Bachelor's or higher degree in Accounting or Finance
• CPA (a must)
• Public Accounting experience preferred
• In depth technical understanding of US GAAP
• Strong analytical and communication skills are required
• Advanced computer skills
• Prior experience in entertainment is a plus
• The ideal candidate will have the ability to maneuver in a complex business environment, acumen to manage complex business situations, and the ability to juggle multiple priorities simultaneously, including balancing progress on long-term projects with the urgency of immediate operational demands
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d8qwyq-34-204-174-110-42 in your application.
Become a part of one of the most dynamic and iconic entertainment studios in the world. Enjoy a collegial familial work environment that is brimming with excitement growth and success. Our team is full of forward thinking, open minded, and enthusiastic employees that continuously nourish our growing company. We are committed to bringing on the most talented, passionate and creative people, who want to succeed at a company that promotes internal growth and encourages opportunities to those who are passionate about growing alongside this company.