Beverly Hills, CA
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. (''MGM'') is seeking an Executive Director, International Production Finance who will be responsible for assisting the TV Production Finance Executive in the day-to-day operations of International Scripted TV and providing financial oversight throughout the life-cycle of production from Development through Post Production. The ideal candidate will also report to the SVP of Physical Production International and must be extremely knowledgeable about all aspects of complex multinational episodic/long-form content. The ideal candidate will also have hands-on experience with a variety of Episodic production (both foreign and domestic), managing production incentives, and managing accounting teams in the field. The Executive Director must also be familiar with and accustomed to working in an environment with confidentiality, plus be able to provide quick and accurate analysis.
• Work with TV Production Finance Executive to source and hire location production accounting teams for International Scripted
• Manage the production funding processes, including multi currencies, on Episodic from end to end
• Manage Co-Fi payments
• Reconcile all funding and Production Incentives between production and corporate
• Review SAP activity, liaise with project accountants, and submit to productions for inclusion in cost & prepare billbacks
• Prepare initial budget drafts and cost summaries
• Review work in progress / final budgets, and Cost Report EFC's for accuracy; provide coverage of concerns to the TV Production Finance Executive and Production Executives
• Oversee preparation of production incentive filings for all entities and regions
• Oversee and handle all tax filings process (ie: VAT, etc.) during development
• Handle development payments
• Manage the show setup including accounting system, bank accounts, Cashet, etc.
• Manage compliance for established production finance policy and procedure along with guild audits, where applicable
• Oversee the preparation of periodic management reporting, including quarter end and year end reporting
• Assist TV Production Finance Executive in the preparation of the annual plan and quarterly forecasts
• Continually evaluate policies and procedures based on necessary compliance, audit review, and periodic changes in the location environment(s)
• Ensure that compliance training is completed by all location accounting staff
• Provide support to TV Production Finance Executive on special projects, as required
• Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting with a minimum of 10 years of Production Accounting experience
• 5 years in a supervisory capacity or equivalent
• 5+ years of experience in Television and/or Feature Film Production Accounting desired
• Demonstrated organizational skills
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Strong computer skills and proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, etc.), Production Accounting Software (PSL, Vista Classic, Global Vista), and Movie Magic Budgeting
• SAP knowledge/skills a plus
• A high level of diplomacy, discretion, confidentiality, versatility and reliability
• Must be flexible and work well in a team
• Must have excellent organizational skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment with all levels of personnel
• Ability to prioritize work and be very detail oriented
• Excellent oral and written communication skills required
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-roenp2-3-236-84-188-42 in your application.
Become a part of one of the most dynamic and iconic entertainment studios in the world. Enjoy a collegial familial work environment that is brimming with excitement growth and success. Our team is full of forward thinking, open minded, and enthusiastic employees that continuously nourish our growing company. We are committed to bringing on the most talented, passionate and creative people, who want to succeed at a company that promotes internal growth and encourages opportunities to those who are passionate about growing alongside this company.