Full Time Job
- Full Time
The Creative Director, Mercury Live, is responsible for the development and implementation of the overall creative vision and strategy for Mercury Studios' new livestream arm.
As a leader in your field, you will have an extensive existing network of established and upcoming talent and will be comfortable communicating your vision (and interpreting the vision of) labels, managers, and artists.
This is a Global role, initially focused on the current livestream business in the UK and US.
You will be comfortable with the ever-evolving livestream landscape (whether PPV, AVOD or SVOD). A core part of your role will be helping grow the existing business practices and processes of Mercury Live to meet the highest potential of shifting market trends. You will be commercially minded in your Creative approach and will be as comfortable working with budgets of all sizes.
Skills & Experience
• Lead and be responsible for all creative output from initial pitch and development through to execution and launch, working with artists and managers to both interpret their ideas and shape the creative vision
• Successfully implement new creative partnerships whether within the company or outside of Universal Music, and create innovative opportunities for building up and exploiting Mercury's live archive
• Set, deliver, and exceed business goals around growth, revenue, strategic value, and innovation
• You will be comfortable working with the Commercial side of the business and will extensively collaborate with the executive team on business strategy, content strategy, business process optimisation, revenue optimisation, and research and analysis
• Inform, advise, and help develop company investment portfolio and strategy, sourcing potential partners and opportunities in-line with company strategy, ambitions, and expectations
• Source and identify new opportunities and lead Creative discussions and pitches, continuing to drive Mercury's role as a key player in the livestreamed market.
• Experience in a Creative leadership role within music, and in particular including innovative digital and online projects.
• Exceptional communication and presentation skills
• A passion for music, culture, and c This person will be driven by a desire to experiment with new formats and technologies, as well as a history of successful music productions.
• A strong track record and extensive network in
• Group Personal Pension Scheme (between 3% and 9%)
• Private Medical Insurance
• 25 paid days of annual leave
• Interest Free Season Ticket Loan available
• Holiday Purchase scheme
• Dental and Travel Insurance options
• Cycle to Work Scheme
• Salary Sacrifice Cars
• Subsidised Gym Membership
• Employee Discounts (Reward Gateway)
Just So You Know…
The company presents this job description as a guide to the major areas and duties for which the jobholder is accountable. However, the business operates in an environment that demands change and the jobholder's specific responsibilities and activities will vary and develop. Therefore, the job description should be seen as indicative and not as a permanent, definitive and exhaustive statement.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rnk173-3-215-79-116-42 in your application.
We are Universal Music Group, the world’s leading music company. We are the home for music’s greatest artists, innovators and entrepreneurs.