Full Time Job
- Full Time
- Senior (5-10 years) Experience
ViacomCBS Streaming (formerly CBS Interactive) is a division of ViacomCBS that encompasses both free, paid, and premium streaming services including Pluto TV, CBS All Access, CBS Sports Digital, and CBS News Digital.
CBS Sports Digital -- a portfolio of premium digital sports media properties including CBSSports.com, 247Sports, MaxPreps and SportsLine -- is consistently ranked a top-three sports property, reaching more than 70M sports fans monthly across desktop, mobile, and connected TV devices. Our team is a diverse and agile group that effectively collaborates with the business to shape our department.
We are looking for a team player who thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment and has a strong knowledge of high school sports. This role requires a high level of attention to detail and investment in the quality of the product. Must be a capable multi-tasker with an overview of the high school sports landscape and key players within it. The ideal candidate is smart, creative, competitive and motivated by both department and wider business goals.
• Proofread content and correct spelling, punctuation and grammatical errors
• Verify facts cited in material for publication
• Incorporate video and photos elements into stories/content
• Work with writers to help their ideas and stories succeed
• Write breaking news stories and contribute to game/event coverage
• Develop content ideas relevant and important to our audience
• Assist in coordinating schedule and planning long-term calendar
• Organize and update display of content on key pages (homepage, national sport pages)
• Additional other duties and responsibilities, as assigned
• Help develop consistent style, format and voice for rankings and awards initiatives
• Coordinate publication of MaxPreps content across MaxPreps.com and CBSSports.com
• Collect and verify monthly invoices from freelance contributors
What you bring to the team:
You have -
• Bachelor's degree in journalism or a communications-related field (or equivalent training & experience)
• Minimum five years working in a journalism-related field
• Experience working with content management systems
• Fine-tuned copy-editing and writing skills
• Demonstrated ability for strategic editorial thinking
You might also have -
• A strong portfolio of prior work in a similar field
• Video production or programming experience
• Knowledge of Photoshop or similar programs
• Schedule flexibility and the ability to work some nights and weekends
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gm5wbv-18-204-227-34-42 in your application.