Animation Line Producer
It's the magic of immersing yourself in a motion picture masterpiece, or a new track from your favorite band, or the spectacle of a live Broadway show. It's hard to define and even harder to create, but that's what we do at The Walt Disney Studios.
Ours is a culture of innovation, collaboration and creativity. We raise the bar, then step over it, blazing trails through the production and distribution of world-class entertainment around the globe. If you want to help tell compelling, enduring stories through movies, music or stage plays, then we want to hear from you.
Marvel Studios is an entertainment brand defined the stories and successes of our more than 8,000 incredible characters like Iron Man, Thor, Black Panther and Captain America. Based at the Walt Disney Studios in Burbank, California, Marvel Studios is one of the most successful movie studios in the world, today. The Marvel Cinematic Universe multi-film franchises, led by President Kevin Feige, is a universe filled with creativity, innovation and collaboration. At Marvel, you will be part of a team that helps propel our legacy into the future with vision as far-reaching as our stories.
This position will act as direct support on feature productions whenever required and will work with multiple teams among Marvel Studios, Disney, and outside vendors. He/she will be responsible for assisting in show set-up, training teams, scheduling, developing database and technology pipelines, as well as managing digital and physical assets. In addition, this role is responsible for evaluating existing workflows, in order to actively improve processes.
Show Set-Up and Wrap:
• Support the creation of best practices policies and promote their implementation with the VFX and Stereo teams.
• Update and maintain Marvel's VFX Confluence page.
• Implement and promote wrap procedures with the VFX and Stereo teams.
• Work with the Production Technology department to create VFX workflow / pipelines designed for the needs of each production.
• Help develop and builds upon tools, templates, and databases to standardize and centralize department information.
Franchise and Publicity:
• Work with publicity team to facilitate interviews of VFX crew, submit VFX awards, and manage the publicity request process with the productions and VFX vendors.
Digital Asset Management:
• Coordinate with the Digital Asset Management department to answer VFX questions and offer support for archived projects.
• Manage database to track the status and location of all VFX physical assets.
• Assist each production in receiving all requested VFX physical assets.
• Assess condition of VFX physical assets to determine when items need to be decommissioned and re-purchased.
• Insure all VFX physical assets are serviced and in good working order.
• Act as liaison to productions regarding space management, parking, structural changes, and issues.
• Schedule meetings with Producers, Supervisors, Directors, Senior Level Executives, and outside Vendors as requested.
• Prioritize & coordinate calendars.
• Ensure VFX Executives have prep time for critical projects & meetings.
• Assists with video conferencing and VFX reviews.
• Process drive-ons and walk on for visitors.
• Organize meetings, on-site visits, and demos with VFX vendors, freelance production crew, and technology companies to maintain and expand department relationships throughout the industry.
• Work with VFX Executives, on continuing to evolve databases for the best use by current productions as well as for the purpose of historical production archive and analysis.
• 3+ years of experience in Visual Effects.
• Computer Skills: Mac skills required; proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Filemaker, Cinesync Pro, and Shotgun. Experience with Signiant and 5th Kind is preferred.
• Working knowledge of Visual Effects/Post Production and understanding of technical terms and processes required.
• College degree preferred.
About Marvel Studios:
Marvel Studios has created one of the most powerful brands by bringing memorable, life-changing storytelling to the world through incredible characters like Iron Man, Thor, Black Panther and Captain America. The Marvel Cinematic Universe multi-film franchises have redefined the genre in building a universe filled with creativity, innovation and collaboration. At Marvel Studios, you will be part of a team that helps propel our legacy into the future with a vision as far-reaching as our stories.
This position is with Marvel Studios LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Marvel Studios.