Software Engineer - Mobile
The Storage Engineer will create, configure, and maintain centralized storage systems used for key production workflows. Responsibilities will include design and deployment of work-in-progress storage systems for production and post-production pipelines, long-term archival storage platforms for raw film assets, backup and asset archive management, and development of a proper media asset lifecycle plan to maximize asset availability, while over time driving down the expense of maintaining media assets and storage systems.
The Storage Engineer is primarily responsible for providing data storage related services in the Enterprise Storage Services Team. This position will have initial responsibilities emphasizing data storage related services.
• Engineer, implement, and support storage solutions
• Document engineering solutions so that services are delivered in an effective and efficient manner
• Provide engineering and problem resolution support for critical issues
• Implement and support infrastructure to deliver systems and services with high availability and reliability
• Manage and coordinate work with other IT groups to deliver systems and services
• Understand and wide variety of systems and how they interact to provide a complete service to the customers and meet business needs.
• Manage multiple projects, balance, and prioritize work.
• Work with architects and management to engineer enhancements and optimize systems
• Being involved in the design and implementation of the storage strategy
• Perform special projects and other duties as assigned
• Work under general direction from IT management
• Domestic and International Travel approximately 20%
• Provide exceptional customer service to production and corporate end users
• 5+ years of prior similar duties and experience with SAN and NAS technologies
• Experience with management and administration of complex and heterogeneous environment.
• Strong knowledge of at least one Enterprise Storage Array such as Isilon, Oracle ZFS, Hitachi, etc.
• Working experience with Linux, FreeBSD, or Solaris systems
• Experience with Media and Entertainment workflows
• Basic understanding of network routing, switching and network security principles
• Strong Knowledge of Network attached storage and access protocols, such as SMB and NFS
• Strong Knowledge of Storage Area networking, using Brocade or Cisco switches
• Ability to complete a project or task, with minimal supervision
• Experience managing vendor relationships
About Marvel Studios:
Marvel Studios has created one of the most powerful brands by bringing memorable, life-changing storytelling to the world through incredible characters like Iron Man, Thor, Black Panther and Captain America. The Marvel Cinematic Universe multi-film franchises have redefined the genre in building a universe filled with creativity, innovation and collaboration. At Marvel Studios, you will be part of a team that helps propel our legacy into the future with a vision as far-reaching as our stories.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business segment we call Marvel Studios.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g3v6o4-3-238-173-209-42 in your application.