Full Time Job
Project Hire Associate, Softlines Licensing
- Full Time
- Entry (0-2 years) Experience
Job DescriptionFrom toys to apparel, books to games, Disney Consumer Products, Games and Publishing (CPGP) brings our company's products, through stories and characters, to markets worldwide. With a portfolio of renowned brands including Disney, Pixar, Marvel, 20CS, National Geographic and Star Wars, our efforts to deliver innovative and experiential products, designed to entertain and inspire, is industry leading and category shaping.
The Associate, Licensing role is a Project Hire of 6 month duration and reports to the Sr. Manager of Licensing for accessories and footwear across all brands (franchises).
On any given day, you might:
• Manage day-to-day relationship with licensees for a specific segment of the business, providing information, facilitating assets, resolving issues, on-boarding new licensees reviewing/approving/facilitating approvals of submissions and promotion/advertising initiatives
• Performs day-to-day responsibilities to include licensee management, product approvals and Licensee communications
• Assists in defining and activating category and property strategy
• Supports the process of identifying, pitching and selecting licensees
• Supports manager in everyday responsibilities such as contract and amendment process, financial analyses, forecasting, strategy presentations, product line analysis and other projects for the category
• Works with the Product Development team to approve and maintain line lists
• Works with Product Development to ensure timely OPA (Online Product Approval) comments are provided and help minimize disruption of our product launches
• Ensures licensee product lines reflect Disney quality and brand/property objectives
• Ensures timely approvals of licensee's marketing elements in Disney Media Manager
• Supports internal initiatives generated by the Franchise Marketing and Integrated Retail teams
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
• 1+ years of experience
• Strong relationship building skills, flexible and adaptable; able to collaborate, influence and persuade at all levels of an organization, both internal and external
• Capable of working independently and managing a variety of initiatives / opportunities simultaneously
• Self-starter, motivated and proactive
• Solid written and verbal communication skills
• Required computer skills (Excel, Power Point / Keynote, Word, Outlook)
Preferred Education: Bachelor's degree
Preferred Experience: Marketing or Licensing
This position is with Disney Consumer Products, Inc., which is part of a business we call Marvel Entertainment.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rj1o30-3-231-217-107-42 in your application.