We are seeking a forward thinking, innovative, and inspired designer who is enthusiastic about working in character licensing. You will produce outstanding designs in the soft lines and accessories categories that are innovative and fresh. Experience in adult apparel required with female focus a bonus. As a product Design Manager with proven experience you will be responsible for the day to day execution of product design and development of licensed products for the Marvel adult apparel and accessory business from concept through production working with internal teams and licensees.
This role will report into the VP of Product Design for Marvel Soft Lines.
• Leads and oversees all aspects of product development for a specific category(s) from trend and competitive research aligning to product strategy.
• Responsible for product conceptualization, form and function to final product approval ensuring and inspiring licensees to make the best possible product that feels on trend and salable for the Marvel brand
• Creates product design POVs for specific assigned categories
• Create timelines and balance your workload and know when to make shifts.
• Comprehensive understanding of specific assigned category and able to Come up with original and new ideas while ensuring differentiation between the various tiers of business.
• Understand and communicate the latest fashion trends
• Ensure appropriate level of style & fashion is infused in all creative work consistent with the brand & target audience
• Leads and oversees specific product category approvals from standard online (Asgard) approvals to assuring all products have all the other various approvals from upper management, branding and content providers where necessary.
• Ensures product excellence by designing to maintain character and story integrity in every product that is developed by our licensees.
• Coordinates with internal teams, licensees and executive leadership on new development and executes to strategies and specific time lines.
• Must be able to represent senior management in line reviews and have a POV
• Minimum of 5+ years' experience creating high level design for company in character license
• Essential to be extremely organized and detail-oriented and thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
• Self starter and able to self-manage.
• Required to have advanced design skills for specific category and required software skills in the Adobe Creative Suite in a Mac environment, with an emphasis on Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign
• Possess strong typography skills and knowledge of contemporary design
• Keen eye for trend and color sense
• Excellent Communication and presentation skills
• Strong sense of fashion and/or apparel industries
• Artistic background as well as business acumen
BA/BS Degree or relevant work experience.
Portfolio, examples of work and/or links to work will be required.
This position is with Marvel Brands LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Marvel Entertainment.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r18mye-54-224-117-125-42 in your application.