From movie concept to film production. Global premiere to direct-to-consumer mobile applications. You will innovate and deliver solutions that support a studio whose content is legendary and transcends generations.
We are looking for passionate engineers who love learning new technologies at a rapid pace. You should be familiar with production systems. Lean, agile, self-sufficient teams is how we operate. We develop. You will be a part of the team that provides production tools and cutting-edge solutions for all studios under the Disney umbrella.
Your passion for engineering systems is visible to your team, stakeholders and in everything you and your team delivers. You take engineering for the business seriously, and that will help you make decisions that drive value every day. You are:
• A problem solver. You take deep pride in your work and view each new problem as an opportunity for success; you approach challenges creatively, but methodically.
• Comfortable with ambiguity. You face change with a cool head and persevere even if you do not have all the details; you are comfortable moving between projects and facing the uncertain because risk and change motivates you to evolve and innovate.
• Technically astute. You rapidly learn new skills, grasping complicated technical information that often leaves others lost whether it is product, industry, or hard tech knowledge, you absorb it quickly and are ready for more.
• Goal oriented. You develop and actualize creative vision, mission, and strategy into a cohesive outcome through capable team management, tactical execution, and unrelenting focus on daily progress; you connect production demand and technology strategies to the solutions you deliver
• Manage and maintain film-maker systems, including 2K/4K playback systems, color timing systems, upscaling systems, etc.
• Monitor, measure, and tune production systems for optimal performance and reliability
• Investigate, analyze, resolve and document hardware and software problems on a wide range of systems in several production and post-production environments Design and deploy systems in production timelines with high availability, and clear observability
• Leverage open-source tools and scripts to automate tasks with an emphasis on reliability and repeatability
• Serve as an escalation point to troubleshoot and resolve performance and reliability issues in production environments
• Collaborate with engineers to ensure systems are designed to be scalable, and easily operated
• Ensure security best practice is at the forefront is embedded in our DNA and in all solutions provided
• Effective at dealing with change: Able to transition in role or handle a significant modification or technology with minimal ramp-up time and with very little guidance.
• Operating systems and systems management (Linux, OSX, and Windows)
• High performance storage solutions used in production (Quantum, Nexis, Isilon)
• High performance file systems used in production (StorNext, OneFS)
• Playback systems used in visual effects, production and post-production environments (RV, Resolve, Transkoder)
• Media File Transport Solutions (Signiant, Aspera)
• Management of high-performance media server environment
• Experience working in Film or TV production environments
• Hosting virtualization technologies (VMWare, KVM)
• IP networking including performance-based troubleshooting
• File System or hierarchical file system concepts
• Content Management Systems (Shotgun, Filemaker)
• Production Security Systems (Key management, encryption, vulnerability management)
• Authentication toolsets (Active Directory, LDAP, Ping Identity)
• Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or equivalent industry experience
• 5+ years in engineering or computer systems supporting Film/TV production
About The Walt Disney Studios,Marvel Studios:
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios,Marvel Studios.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d5z257-3-235-120-150-42 in your application.