Manager, Production & Development (Animation)
Marvel Studios is an entertainment brand defined the stories and successes of our more than 8,000 incredible characters like Iron Man, Thor, Black Panther and Captain America. Based at the Walt Disney Studios in Burbank, California, Marvel Studios is one of the most successful movie studios in the world, today. The Marvel Cinematic Universe multi-film franchises, led by President Kevin Feige, is a universe filled with creativity, innovation and collaboration. At Marvel, you will be part of a team that helps propel our legacy into the future with vision as far-reaching as our stories.
We have an exciting opportunity at Marvel Studios for a Manager, Production & Development.
This Manager is the keeper of all information; continually tracking and overseeing projects through all stages of development and production including casting, production, and delivery. Ensuring meetings are prepped, notes distributed, log lines & creative discussions have been catalogued. Under the guidance of the animation VP the Manager the Manager will help to shepherd the creative direction of their assigned show(s), build strong relationships with the production team(s) and other departments (Marketing, Legal, etc.), and be the ambassador for the series within the company and to the outside world.
• Acts as junior executive for assigned Marvel Studios series
• Participates in and takes notes during creative discussions
• Provides notes and creative input on scripts, animatics, animation, etc.
• Create milestones for feedback, monitor progress against deadlines, and provide mid-mortem and post-mortem analysis on patterns in series to leverage best practices across studio projects
• Spearheads research initiatives, helping to integrate ongoing research into story development
• Manages production meeting notes, episodic log lines, assets, schedules and other materials as necessary
• Manages asset approval and distribution
• Creates presentations for internal, external and cross company meetings
• Builds and maintains trusted relationships with writers, artists, agents and industry executives
• Two to Four years of experience in a series animation environment
• Current Series and/ or Development experience preferred
• Strong skills in the area of time management and organization
• The ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic/ever-changing environment is required
• Proactive and team oriented
• Strong knowledge of story is a must
• The ability to effectively communicate, interact and partner with creative talent and executives inside the company is crucial
• Expert level in written and verbal communication skills, strong decision-making ability and attention to detail are required
• Strong knowledge of MS Office, including Word, Excel, Power Point/Keynote, Outlook and Adobe Acrobat Pro
About Marvel Studios:
Marvel Studios has created one of the most powerful brands by bringing memorable, life-changing storytelling to the world through incredible characters like Iron Man, Thor, Black Panther and Captain America. The Marvel Cinematic Universe multi-film franchises have redefined the genre in building a universe filled with creativity, innovation and collaboration. At Marvel Studios, you will be part of a team that helps propel our legacy into the future with a vision as far-reaching as our stories.
This position is with Marvel Studios LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Marvel Studios.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gkwjwk-52-205-167-104-42 in your application.