Digital Operations Specialist
New York, NY
This position will report to the Director of Communications to manage and execute proactive and reactive communications strategy for the Marvel brand. The employee will be responsible for PR and communications for Marvel's Publishing and New Media divisions, working with stakeholders across Marvel Entertainment and The Walt Disney Company. Knowledge of Marvel comics and publishing is a plus.
• Develop, execute, and manage proactive and reactive plans for key promotional events, projects, and initiatives
• Create and bring established relationships with key media outlets to successfully place constant news stories that drive sales and improve the Marvel brand
• Write press releases, media materials, and media strategy
• Coordinate internal corporate communications within Marvel
• Monitor and analyze brand reputation in traditional and social media
• Work closely with divisions within Marvel to provide synergy with Publishing & New Media
• Support corporate social responsibility and diversity & inclusion initiatives to support the brands mission.
• Act as brand ambassador with third party entities working with Marvel Entertainment
• Support media strategy and announcement plans around comic conventions
• 3-5 years of experience in media relations, corporate communications, and media strategy
• Strong proactive and reactive media relations experience; entertainment media preferred
• Strong experience in public speaking, writing press releases, and creating marketing plans
• Strong writing and editing experience
• Basic Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator skills
• A self-starter with an impeccable quality to multi-task and work on a number of projects at once
• A BA/BS degree in Communications, Marketing, or English
This position is with Marvel Worldwide, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Marvel Entertainment.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gp11e9-3-236-118-225-42 in your application.