The Director, Production Finance will be responsible for assisting and collaborating with the Marvel Studios Production Finance VP and Director in the day to day operations of all assigned Marvel Studios projects, providing financial oversight throughout the life-cycle of production, from Development through Post Production. In this role, you must be extremely knowledgeable about all aspects of complex multinational feature films and episodic/long-form content. The ideal candidate will have hands on experience with a variety of Episodic and Feature Film production (both foreign and domestic), managing production incentives, and management of accounting teams in the field. The Director, Production Finance must also be familiar with and accustomed to working in an environments with high levels of secrecy and confidentiality, plus be able to provide quick and accurate analysis.
• Work with Marvel Studios Production Finance team to source and hire location production accounting teams for all assigned projects
• Manages the production funding processes on Episodic/Long-form projects from end to end
• Reconciles all funding and Production Incentives between production and corporate
• Reviews SAP Y-bill activity and liaises with project accountants; submits to productions for inclusion in cost
• Prepare initial budget drafts and cost summaries for assigned projects
• Review work in progress / final budgets, and Cost Report EFC's for accuracy, providing coverage of concerns to Senior Marvel Studios and Disney Executives
• Oversees preparation of production incentive filings for all entities and regions
• Manages compliance for:
• Established production finance policy and procedure
• Marvel Studios / Disney corporate policies
• Guild audits
• Oversees the preparation of periodic management reporting
• Assists Production Finance team in the preparation of the annual plan and quarterly forecasts
• Continually evaluates policy and procedure based on necessary compliance, audit review, and periodic changes in the location environment(s)
• Ensures that compliance training is completed by all location accounting staff
• Provides support to Production Finance VP and Directors on special projects, as required
• Minimum of 10 years of production accounting experience with 5 years in a supervisory capacity
• Five plus years of experience in Television and/or Feature Film production accounting
• Demonstrated organizational skills
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Strong computer skills and proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite (word, excel, etc.) Production Accounting Software (PSL, Vista Classic, Global Vista) and Movie Magic Budgeting
• SAP knowledge/skills a plus
• Diplomacy, discretion, confidentiality, versatility and reliability are critical
• Must be flexible and have the ability to work well as part of a team
• Must have excellent organizational skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and with all levels of personnel
• Ability to prioritize work and be very detail oriented
• Excellent oral and written communication skills required
• Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting
About Marvel Studios:
Marvel Studios has created one of the most powerful brands by bringing memorable, life-changing storytelling to the world through incredible characters like Iron Man, Thor, Black Panther and Captain America. The Marvel Cinematic Universe multi-film franchises have redefined the genre in building a universe filled with creativity, innovation and collaboration. At Marvel Studios, you will be part of a team that helps propel our legacy into the future with a vision as far-reaching as our stories.
This position is with Marvel Studios LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Marvel Studios.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d81qkx-52-23-219-12-42 in your application.