New York, NY
Responsible for creating and delivering print-ready files for publication. The employee will also be responsible for cover and logo design and compositing saddle stitch comic books. This position services various departments throughout the company including Editorial and Marketing. The ability to multi-task as well as a strong background in production is required. Knowledge of the comic-book industry is a plus.
• Design of hardcover and softcover graphic novels, as well as a variety of other special projects - including development of covers, title pages, chapter breaks, etc.
• Mockup of covers for catalog use and third-party approval
• Logo design for publishing events/storylines, marketing programs and new comic book titles
• Design of covers and editorial pages for comic books
• Manipulating Photoshop files to conform to comic book specifications
• Generating print-ready PDF files for collections
• Strong communications skills
• Strong organizational skills and ability to multitask
• Strong Macintosh skills
• Strong software skills including professional experience with the Adobe Creative Suite
• Creativity and strong design sense
This position is with Marvel Entertainment, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Marvel Entertainment.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gkem8p-3-237-16-210-42 in your application.