Marvel Studios has created one of the most powerful brands by bringing memorable, life-changing storytelling to the World through incredible characters like Iron Man, Captain America, Thor, Captain Marvel, and Black Panther. The Marvel Cinematic Universe multi-film franchises have redefined the genre by building a universe filled with creativity, innovation and collaboration. At Marvel Studios, you will be part of a team that helps propel our legacy into the future with a vision as far-reaching as our characters, worlds and stories.
Marvel Studios Animation is hiring.
Marvel Studios Animation is looking for an Animation Pipeline TD to assist on our animated series productions. The Pipeline TD works closely with the CG Supervisors and Asset Supervisors to develop new and existing tools and processes, and troubleshoot issues when they arise.
• Complete short term and long term tool and software development tasks on schedule
• Coordinate with Production and gather information that will be used in the development of new tools or new features on existing tools for individual production needs
• Ensure that tool development follows studio policies and guidelines
• Extensive documentation of all tools and processes
• Participate and provide feedback in the Biweekly DWTV TD meeting
• Prioritize and manage an extensive list of bugs and feature requests for existing tools and processes
• Provide feedback and progress reports on all assigned tasks during the tasking meetings
• Ability to troubleshoot bugs/error messages reported by our Partner Studios.
• Reprioritize tasks quickly to make sure production at both DWTV and our partner studios isn't hindered.
• Work closely with the department Leads and Supervisors to determine long term strategies and standards for the department
• Create Maya, Nuke, Mari and Substance painter production tools using the Python scripting language
• Manage personal CG tool creation workloads, meeting all deadlines of milestones to material delivery, based on the established schedule and technical requirements
• Collaborate with other HUB TD's to create tools that consider all stages of the pipeline
• Perform technical work in support of lighting and surfacing using various production tool
• Technically support the creation of high-quality assets while staying within the production's parameters, pipeline, and schedule
• Advanced knowledge of Maya, Vray, Mari, Substance Painter and Photoshop
• Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Python
• Familiarity with the Adobe Suites
• Knowledge of Windows and Linux operating systems
• Excellent organizational skills
• Strong communication skills and enjoys working in a team environment
• Flexible to changes and able to prioritize and follow through on requests
• Committed to providing great service and support to our in-house and Partner Studio Teams
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
• Knowledge of pep8 standards for python coding
• Experience creating production tools using PyQT
• Understanding of CG shading networks
• Desired Characteristics
• Understanding of GitHub or comparable code versioning software
• Experience creating CG pipeline production tools for television, feature film or gaming industries is a plus
• Interest in reviewing others work and providing notes and feedback
• Thorough understanding of the CG pipeline
• Prior experience working in a fast-paced production environment is a plus
• Strong attention to detail and outstanding organizational skills
• Experience with asset management software, Shotgun preferred
• Experience working with international Partner Studio(s) is a plus
• B.S or M.S. in Computer Science
About Marvel Studios:
Marvel Studios has created one of the most powerful brands by bringing memorable, life-changing storytelling to the world through incredible characters like Iron Man, Thor, Black Panther and Captain America. The Marvel Cinematic Universe multi-film franchises have redefined the genre in building a universe filled with creativity, innovation and collaboration. At Marvel Studios, you will be part of a team that helps propel our legacy into the future with a vision as far-reaching as our stories.
This position is with Marvel Studios LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Marvel Studios.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d9bwwz-52-205-167-104-42 in your application.