The Assistant Manager, Social Media at Marvel Digital Media is a Los Angeles based position and will assist the Marvel social media department with the organization and management of all social media channels, processes, and content.
Assist the social media team in all aspects – partner approvals, community management, project organization, content scheduling, and more, including:
• Review partnership content approvals with a strong understanding of internal brand and legal guidelines.
• Community manage, monitor, and moderate discussions/comments on Marvel social media pages and suggest responses that work with each platform's best practices.
• Organize and schedule digital content and posts, create copy, and field incoming interdepartmental requests.
• Brainstorm and attend meetings to assist with strategy and provide creative ideas.
• Strong technical understanding of and interest in the major social media platforms and their best practices, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok, etc.
• Understanding of and ability to adhere to strict brand guidelines.
• Strong communication skills, both written and oral, and the ability to interface with cross-functional teams in a professional way.
• Organizational skills and the ability to multi-task, handling several projects at once and meeting tight deadlines.
• Possession of a strong work ethic and high level of confidentiality.
• Resourcefulness, and experience working under pressure to meet tight deadlines.
• Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Microsoft Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Photography, video, and design skills a plus.
• Resumé must outline internships, degrees earned, work experience, and major courses of study.
• Cover letter must include a short personal introduction that includes a brief description of related experiences, and why they're the best fit for the position/Marvel. The more creative, the better!
• At the end of the cover letter, describe in 140 characters which Marvel character you relate to the most – and why.
• 2-4 years experience working in social media; strong internships will be considered.
BA/ BS Degree or relevant work experience
This position is with Marvel Digital Media Group LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Marvel Entertainment.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r7e8e8-3-238-132-225-42 in your application.