Virtual Production TD
Moving Picture Company
Remote / Virtual
Virtual Production TD (StageCraft/ Real-time)
London, United Kingdom
Position at Industrial Light & Magic
The Virtual Production TD forms part of the core Stagecraft software operating team. They are the primary user responsible for operating the Stagecraft software stack, ensuring scenes are fully working and performant. Additional tasks including manipulating and aligning the scenes to match with physical set builds, and the matching of look and colour, to create a seamless blend between the physical and virtual world in camera. The role reports to the Lead Brain Bar Operator and Virtual Production Supervisor, but also collates and feeds back issues with assets, software & hardware back to the Stagecraft Coordinator.
• Operation and troubleshooting of Stagecraft Virtual Production tool set.
• Assist with asset ingest, scene setup, optimization, and validation of look and performance of scenes in StageCraft
• Assist with troubleshooting a variety of issues including mocap connectivity, interactive tool behavior, and assets
• Recording takes and tracking shot/scene names with live action unit
• Matching look and placement of digital environments, characters and set dressing to real world counterparts
• Calibrate and ensure connection of virtual camera(s) to live action camera(s)
• Make scene adjustments to achieve the goals of the key creatives on-set, including lighting, animation, set dressing, and color correction.
• Provide time-to-completion estimates for changes or troubleshooting issues
• Routing of video signals for display, monitor, and recording
• Development of ''quick fix'' tools to streamline workflows
• Triage and reporting of issues to engineering
• Provide deliverables from Virtual Production to post-VFX
• Works on the post-production of data derived from capture techniques, including processing and applying motion capture data, 3D scan data, photogrammetric images and other data types
• Live switching of creature/actor retargets and visibility
• Daily setup and real time retargeting of actors to creatures
• VFX production / pipeline experience (preferably as a Virtual Production LTD, Layout Artist, Generalist, Lighting TD, Compositor, or Pipeline Engineer)
• On-set experience a plus
• Must be able to execute technically difficult work and maintain a productive attitude under the pressure of live action production.
• Must be detail-oriented, highly organized and be able to handle a variety of tasks in an efficient manner.
• Creative technical problem solver, able to improvise solutions in pressure situations
• Knowledge and troubleshooting of assets in a VFX pipeline
• Must be highly computer literate with Linux and Windows Operating Systems.
• Python scripting within digital content creation applications
• Must be an excellent troubleshooter to diagnose and solve issues in complex integrated systems of computers, video recording systems, software, and other sensor driven systems.
• Familiar with a variety of the concepts, practices, and procedures used in visual effects and film production.
• Excellent communication, interpersonal, and diplomacy skills.
• Familiarity with realtime technology and virtual production experience preferred
Lucasfilm is among the world’s leading entertainment service companies, a pioneer in visual effects and sound across multiple mediums, and is home to the legendary Star Wars and Indiana Jones franchises.