San Francisco, CA
The Virtual Production Producer bids, schedules and crews Virtual Production projects across ILM’s portfolio of shows. In partnership with key production, creative and technology leadership, this role creates and executes ILM and the client’s vision for Virtual Production in concert with the operations teams running and maintaining ILM’s Volumes, as needed. This role is fluent in the latest ILM Virtual Production workflows as well as the latest industry and vendor offerings, and helps guide clients through methodology discussions, both related to on-set and VFX aspects that may be required. May also oversee new StageCraft volume builds, either “pop up” or permanent.
Primary job focus is budget and schedule, in collaboration with the Client and ILM Production Management; and for managing overall Client relationship, in conjunction with StageCraft and ILM Executive Production.
What You’ll Do
• Meet with clients to review scripts, breakdowns and technical requirements for Virtual Production projects, including pre-production processes and VFX content creation.
• Partner with Key Creatives to develop the approach for creating the virtual production work and provide clients with estimates of budget & schedule requirements needed to complete the work.
• Serves as principal client contact for non-creative issues, tracking and reporting progress of work, budgeting and negotiating cost of work, and delivering cost/schedule changes to ensure client is updated as needed.
• Leads team of Virtual Production staff, including Associate Virtual Production Producers and Production support in setting priorities and objectives for various projects, including on-set Virtual Production shoots. Manages crew performance and provides feedback appropriately in partnership with the management team.
• Prepare bid letter, key dates schedule, and assumptions for the work of a specific project.
• Participate and oversee work on-set as required.
• Based on need, may oversee a project or projects through the virtual production schedule, or may pass off the project to a different team to carry through.
• Create, organize, and maintain overall project schedule.
• Estimate project budgets and initiate cost controls for each production.
• Evaluate EFC and work with production accountants to provide management with early, consistent, and accurate EFC reporting.
• Play a proactive key role in marketing ILM's services to the industry.
• Partners with key third party partners to staff Virtual Production projects appropriately when needed.
• Shares responsibility for the success of the entire ILM virtual production portfolio by proactively managing the schedule; utilizing ILM’s global resources and 3rd party partners, where appropriate.
What We’re Looking For
• Bachelor's degree in Film or related field or equivalent work experience required.
• Five years work experience in production management to include strong working knowledge of Visual Effects techniques and terminology.
• Proficiency in Macs/PCs including Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Must possess very strong organizational and communication skills and be able to handle a variety of tasks in an efficient manner while meeting deadlines.
• The role will likely require weekend work, as determined by show schedules
• The role may also require:
• Travel for client meetings and/or plate shoot
• Work on the same schedule as first or second unit production
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic.
Lucasfilm is among the world’s leading entertainment service companies, a pioneer in visual effects and sound across multiple mediums, and is home to the legendary Star Wars and Indiana Jones franchises.