Executive Producer, Animation
San Francisco, CA
Position at Industrial Light & Magic
Coordinates the day-to-day operations of the department under the direction of the Virtual Production Leadership team. Works closely with the Virtual Production Manager on hardware coordination for location shoots, Virtual Art Department (VAD) as well as our LED Volume operations.
What You'll Do
• Responsible for the coordination of all on location digital camera packages. Works with productions and artists to determine gear required, checking these items in and out to production, tracking the equipment in a hardware database, on site maintenance, sending out for maintenance, ordering parts, etc.
• Maintains a hardware asset-tracking database and oversees vaulting high value physical capture equipment (cameras, lidar gear, hard drives, custom calibration objects)
• Responsible for obtaining quotes, PR's, reviewing invoices, and other paperwork for accuracy prior to manager approval. Resolve errors with accounting when necessary
• Maintains a vendor contact list, price lists, and purchase requisition database
• Aligns with show production over scheduling and task management for ILM VAD artists and assets. Using production tools to log and communicate updates, they should have a strong focus on managing the ongoing task list and operations for the resources within the VAD
• Keep track of all kits out on set or at homes of ILM hires or clients. Ensure they are shipped out according to schedule and returned upon show or hire wrap
• Be the main contact with clients using VAD At Home Kits for aid in set up and coordinating trouble shooting with ILM IT tech
• Liaise with core technology teams and respective project managers for custom R&D and development tasks relating to VAD workflows
• Works with ILM IT to purchase hardware for 'At Home Kits' for both ILM and client needs as spec'd by the IT VAD tech role
• Performs special projects under the supervision of the Virtual Production supervision team
Administrative / Departmental Duties
• Manages office and administrative supplies for department
• Track vacation and out of office requests for the Virtual Production department
• Participates in the development and maintenance of all department web pages and online request forms
• Responsible for all ordering of production and administrative supplies based on requests from area leads
What We're Looking For
• Bachelor's degree in Film or related field or equivalent work experience required plus minimum of 3 years of experience, preferably in visual effects or live action production
• Demonstrated ability to effectively schedule projects and/or resources required
• Advanced knowledge and understanding of film production and post-production techniques and terminology required
• Must have strong client service and communication skills
• Must be detail and solution-oriented
• Ability to work independently and with a team
• Must have the ability to juggle multiple projects, work with diverse personalities, and work within strict deadlines
• Proven ability to provide innovative troubleshooting in a fast-paced environment
• Demonstrated ability to handle confidential and sensitive information in a discreet, diplomatic, and professional manner
• Proficient with GSuite, Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d5kmx3-3-236-50-173-42 in your application.
Lucasfilm is among the world’s leading entertainment service companies, a pioneer in visual effects and sound across multiple mediums, and is home to the legendary Star Wars and Indiana Jones franchises.