Position at Industrial Light & Magic
This posting is an opportunity to submit your resume for future consideration; this is not a role that is open at this time. We anticipate this role may be open in the future, but we are not actively hiring for the position. If you would like to be considered for this potential role, please submit your resume. If the role becomes available, you may receive an email or call from a recruiter.
The primary focus of the Virtual Production Engineer is to ensure operational integrity of a complete, on set virtual production system.
What You'll Do
• Maintain complex hardware, video, & software solutions to assist in virtual production data acquisition & display on set.
• Provide front-line technical support for virtual production operators, artists, and production staff.
• Troubleshoot complex, on set technical issues, package up problems, and redirect to global engineering team when required.
• Script on set virtual production tools to meet immediate, production demands.
• Maintain and ensure correct setup of virtual production hardware systems.
• Help maintain a wide array of existing workflows and scripts.
• Update documentation for virtual production hardware or software setup to reflect any on set changes.
• Work as part of the global ILM virtual production team to provide effective virtual production solutions.
• Together with on set virtual production operators, test and validate newly deployed or released hardware or software solutions. Work closely with global engineering team in testing and releasing new and modified systems.
• When not executing work for a specific on set production, serve on virtual production engineering team by working on projects that improve the reliability and efficiency of virtual production systems.
• Interface with engineering leads throughout the Lucasfilm companies regarding the state of the on set virtual production systems.
• Communicate effectively with supervisors and other virtual production team members.
What We're Looking For
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical field.
• 5 years experience in VFX or similar digital production facility.
• Proficiency with realtime workflows and virtual production technology is desirable.
• On set experience is desirable.
Hardware and Systems
• Extensive knowledge of Linux environments and administration
• Experience with signal and/or video hardware systems
• Experience with interfacing external devices via APIs and protocols.
• Experience with virtual reality equipment is desirable.
• Experience with networking hardware and protocols is desirable
• Expert knowledge of programming in Python.
• Experience using and scripting for DCC editors and/or 3D tools.
• Experience with C/C++ programming is desirable.
Personal / Professional
• Ability to troubleshoot under pressure
• Ability to work well with a wide range of personality types.
• Must possess strong communication skills.
• Ability to work extended hours
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r0yo76-18-204-2-146-42 in your application.