Position at Industrial Light & Magic
VIRTUAL ART DEPARTMENT JUNIOR ARTIST - London
We are looking for an artist who reflects the innovative spirit and passion for great filmmaking that defines ILM.
The Virtual Art Department (VAD) bridges the gap between Production Design and VFX. The VAD Junior Artist works within the Production Art Department team to create Real-Time environments for Virtual Production scouts.
What you'll do
• Work with the team creating 3D Real-Time assets (by doing model/texture, basic lighting) to realise the 3D environment build.
• Create blocking geometry for initial environment blocking.
• Create entry-level props and environments.
• Process and cleanup photogrammetry assets.
• Tune assets and environments to be performance-optimized for scouting.
• Communicate status to Production and VAD Supervisor. Follow through on specific artistic direction.
• Attend dailies.
What we're looking for
• Has experience in photo-realistic, traditional, or digital art skills with an emphasis on landscapes and interiors.
• Some experience using a Real-Time engine like Unreal, Unity or others. You are open to learning, with an interest in and the ability to quickly pick up new software.
• Knowledge of Computer Graphics, Fine Arts, Games or Photography either gained through experience working in our industry or through higher education.
• A proven ability in one or more CG techniques, including modelling, texturing, shading, lighting, look development.
• A person who exhibits strong teamwork, excellent communication and interdisciplinary thinking.
• Some entry-level knowledge in some or all of these software packages: Photoshop, 3DsMax, Maya, Perforce and 3D paint programs like Substance Painter. Comparable software experience considered.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rbn9ze-3-235-120-150-42 in your application.