San Francisco, CA
Position at Industrial Light & Magic
Creates the textures, colors, and organic surface qualities needed in the completion of CG creatures and hard-surface models used in production.
What You'll Do
• Works with production team (VFX Supervisor, Senior Texture Artist) to execute the desired look of CG models, including complex creatures and/or hard surface models, including ships, real world vehicles and environments
• Responsible for creating the textures, colors, and organic surface qualities needed in the completion of CG creatures and hard-surface models used in production
• Participates as a team member in identifying various design solutions; provides feedback to other members of the production by attending dailies on a regular basis
• Works closely with Art Directors, Modelers, and Look Development TD's in achieving desired look of photoreal models
• Maintains or exceeds consistent level of productivity while meeting deadlines and producing high quality work
What We're Looking For
• At least 4 years experience
• Demo reel and portfolio illustrating knowledge and experience in painting, illustration or design.
• Familiarity with film production; computer graphics
• Attention to detail
• Ability to learn quickly and assimilate new information
• Good interpersonal skills
• Proficient in Maya, Mari (preferred), Zbrush, Photoshop, or Substance Painter. Ability to navigate complex Computer Graphics pipelines
• Nice to have:
• Modeling skills a plus
• Good organizational skills
• Ability to liaise with various parts of the Computer Graphics pipeline, manage person schedules
Lucasfilm is among the world’s leading entertainment service companies, a pioneer in visual effects and sound across multiple mediums, and is home to the legendary Star Wars and Indiana Jones franchises.