London, United Kingdom
Position at Industrial Light & Magic
Creates the textures, colours and organic surface qualities needed in the completion of CG creatures and hard-surface models used in production.
• Works with the production team to execute the desired look of CG models, including complex creatures and/or hard surface models, including ships, real world vehicles and environments.
• Responsible for creating the textures, colours, and organic surface qualities needed in the completion of CG creatures and hard-surface models used in production.
• Participates as a team member in determining various design solutions; provides feedback to other members of the production by attending dailies on a regular basis.
• Works closely with Art Directors, Modellers, and look-development TD's in achieving desired look of Photo real models.
• Maintains or exceeds consistent level of productivity while meeting deadlines and producing high quality work.
Education / Experience
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Graphics or equivalent or previous professional experience in a related field.
• Proven experience within a high-end VFX facility in a similar role.
• Portfolio demonstrating traditional artistic skills including illustration, and sculptural abilities a plus.
Required Skills / Competencies
• Proven experience creating organic and hard surfaces and textures in a feature film or production environment.
• Requires familiarity with film and video post production techniques and with computer graphic techniques.
Preferred Skills / Competencies
• A demonstrated desire to develop computer skills.
• Modelling / CG Sculpting skills a plus.
Required Technical Skills
• Proven Mari, Zbrush, Maya, Photoshop, or Bodypaint.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rnko0m-3-236-98-69-42 in your application.
Lucasfilm is among the world’s leading entertainment service companies, a pioneer in visual effects and sound across multiple mediums, and is home to the legendary Star Wars and Indiana Jones franchises.