Facial Capture Artist
London, United Kingdom
Position at Industrial Light & Magic
Creates the textures, colours, and organic surface qualities needed in the completion of CG creatures and hard-surface models used in production.
Primary Responsibilities and Accountabilities
• Collaborates with the production team (VFX Supervisor, Senior Texture Artist) to execute the desired look of CG models, including complex creatures and/or hard surface models, including ships, real-world vehicles and environments.
• Responsible for creating textures, colours, and organic surface qualities needed in the completion of CG creatures and hard-surface models used in production.
• Participates as a team member in determining various design solutions; provides feedback to other members of the production by attending dailies on a regular basis.
• Collaborates with Art Directors, Modelers, and look-development TD in achieving the desired look of Photoreal models.
• Maintains or exceeds a consistent level of productivity while meeting deadlines and producing high-quality work.
• Significant previous VFX Texture experience.
• Demo reel and portfolio illustrating knowledge and experience in painting, illustration or design.
• Familiarity with film production; computer graphics
Required Skills / Competencies
• Attention to detail.
• Ability to learn quickly and assimilate new information.
• Good interpersonal skills.
• Proficient in Maya, Mari (preferred), Zbrush, Photoshop, or Bodypaint. Ability to navigate the complex.
• Computer Graphics pipelines.
Preferred Skills / Competencies
• Modelling skills a plus.
• Good organizational skills.
• Ability to liaise with various parts of the Computer Graphics pipeline, manage person schedules.
Lucasfilm is among the world’s leading entertainment service companies, a pioneer in visual effects and sound across multiple mediums, and is home to the legendary Star Wars and Indiana Jones franchises.