Virtual Production Stage Technician
Los Angeles, CA
Position at Industrial Light & Magic
Technoprops-ILM designs and manufactures state-of-the-art virtual production hardware and software, including facial capture headrigs, virtual cameras, wireless active markers, and other specialty devices.
You will join a rich interdisciplinary team and will collaborate with Disney Research and ILM R&D in developing the next generation of facial capture technology.
What you’ll do
• Collaborate at the architectural level on the design of our next generation of HMCs (Helmet Mounted Cameras)
• Design, simulate, integrate and test custom VHDL IP to create new Technoprops on set devices and augment existing devices
• Write embedded software at the hardware abstraction and application layers
• Support development of PCB assemblies including signal speeds up to 12.5 Gbps
What we're looking for
• Bachelors or higher degree in Electrical or Electronics Engineering.
• Experience with system level integration of products using SoCs and microcontrollers, data and video interfaces such as USB 3, CoaXPress and MIPI CSI-2.
• Familiarity with real-time image processing implementations such as 2d convolution based filters, LUTs, debayering, upscaling.
• Experience with high-speed (GHz) signal integrity and PCB design techniques.
• Demonstrated strong VHDL or Verilog skills; logical and physical design, timing closure.
• Demonstrated ability to bring FPGA subsystem from concept through release to manufacturing.
• Experience analyzing root cause, design debugging, and problem solving with engineering test equipment.
• Familiarity with device driver architecture in Linux.
• Experience working independently with minimal guidance and experience handling multiple tasks.
• 3+ years of experience designing imaging systems.
• 5+ years of experience in electrical hardware development.
• Experience with MIPI CSI-2 video interface.
• Experience writing camera device drivers in embedded Linux.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
Lucasfilm is among the world’s leading entertainment service companies, a pioneer in visual effects and sound across multiple mediums, and is home to the legendary Star Wars and Indiana Jones franchises.