Is Software Developer
San Francisco, CA
Position at Industrial Light & Magic
We are looking for a Software Developer who reflects the innovative spirit, creative talent, production excellence, collaborative mindset and passion for great filmmaking that define ILM.
As a Senior Full Stack Python Developer for Information Systems (InfoSys) you will work on robust cross platform applications that enable ILM's global studios to efficiently create movies and TV shows. The breadth of InfoSys applications ranges from deep integrations with 3rd party software to proprietary web applications built around ILM's production workflows. Software developers build new applications, support and enhance existing systems, and integrate 3rd party applications into existing software infrastructure. You will interact with a wide range of clients, learn new work flows, and come up with creative solutions to increase efficiency and productivity across all of ILM's global studios.
What You'll Do
• Full stack development of robust workflow based applications.
• Build and support integrations with Oracle EBS and key 3rd party enterprise platforms used by Disney.
• Provide input on architecture of larger applications; build stand alone modules and smaller applications for use by clients across the organization.
• Work with management and other developers to implement elegant and user-friendly interfaces for all new modules and/or applications.
• Ensure code is developed, deployed, documented and maintained in keeping with IS guidelines. Assist developers from other departments in working with IS data and framework.
• Write UI and unit tests
• Bug fixes and enhancement requests for existing applications
• Monitor use of existing systems, and suggest strategies to improve health and reduce technical debt.
• Lead and participate in code reviews, test new concepts and technologies, suggest improvements in technical direction and mentor other members of the group in areas of expertise.
• Mentor others in development technologies, tools, and processes
What We're Looking For
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or other technical degree
• 8+ years experience in professional software development
• Python fluency (Python 2.6+, Python 3.3+)
• Linux proficiency
• Database/SQL experience
• Full stack web development experience
• Excellent interpersonal, communication, and client-facing skills
• Able to accommodate occasional domestic and/or international travel required
• Web frameworks: Flask/Bottle, Django preferred
• Web servers: Nginx, uWSGI preferred
• Data stores/tools: Oracle, PostgreSQL, SQLAlchemy, Redis, RabbitMQ, Solr preferred
• Tools: Virtualenv, Buildout, py.test, Ansible, Selenium preferred
• Virtualization: AWS, VMWare, Docker preferred
• Analytics: IBM Planning Analytics, Excel, Cognos BI, Tableau preferred
Our Lucasfilm Information Systems team values pride and earnestness, idealism and pragmatism, and focusing on the customer as much as the code. We have a ''no arrogance'' policy and want to hire awesome people to work in a great department. We love source control, testing and Linux. We value Scout Rule coding (''leave the code cleaner than you found it'') and finding the right tool for the right job. We're at a company that has used Python for nearly 25 years, and balancing legacy systems and future needs is a daily battle, but that is the nature of software-reading code is as important as writing it.
You'll be part of a group that gets along well, whether it's tackling a technical issue, enjoying a walk in the Presidio, or playing a board game at lunch on Friday. We exist to support fast moving production companies, and you will work with the knowledge that whatever you write will immediately make the job easier for someone down the hall, at Skywalker Ranch, or at one of our studios or location shoots around the world.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g6n9n9-3-236-84-188-42 in your application.
Lucasfilm is among the world’s leading entertainment service companies, a pioneer in visual effects and sound across multiple mediums, and is home to the legendary Star Wars and Indiana Jones franchises.