Senior Character Artist
San Francisco, CA
Sr Concept Designer (Project Hire)
Lucasfilm Animation is the creator of the Emmy award winning animation series Star Wars: The Clone Wars, and Star Wars: The Bad Batch, an original series now streaming on Disney+.
We are looking for a Concept Designer who reflects the innovative spirit, creative talent, production excellence, collaborative mindset and passion for great filmmaking that define Lucasfilm.
The Concept Designer will work within the Design Team as part of a broader production network, to create design deliverables for production use.
• Draw and paint digitally to create design sketches and final illustrations of characters, creatures, sets, props and vehicles. As a senior-level artist, task types will include all of those listed, well-rounded skillset is required.
• Create deliverables as per the specifications of design packaging, including fully rendered hero shots as well as detail callouts and material/texture information.
• Generate precise 2d character turns as templates for final 3d geometry.
• Utilize 3d software to create loose sketches of environments, props and vehicles for layout and scale check, that would be augmented further in photoshop.
• Work to production deadlines as scheduled by the department production team.
• Meet the Supervising Director and Art Director's aesthetic requirements on final designs.
• Maintain a broad understanding of the project as a whole and how the design department collaborates with other departments
• 5+ years as a concept artist, preferably within a production studio.
• You have a Bachelor's Degree in Art or related or you have gained that experience by working in the industry.
• Strong understanding of anatomy and perspective required.
Proficiency of Adobe Photoshop required.
Working understanding of Autodesk Maya preferred.
Capable of working independently and as part of a team. High level of flexibility, collaboration, and confidentiality.
• Strong attention to detail, time management, communication, and follow up/follow through skills required.
• Able to effectively problem solve.
• Ability to work efficiently within a high-pressure, fast paced environment while meeting strict deadlines
Lucasfilm is a global leader in film, television and digital entertainment production. In addition to its motion-picture and television production, the company's activities include visual effects, audio post-production and cutting-edge digital animation, interactive entertainment software, and the management of the global merchandising activities for its entertainment properties including the legendary STAR WARS and INDIANA JONES franchises. Lucasfilm Ltd. is headquartered in northern California.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rv7320-3-235-60-144-42 in your application.
Lucasfilm is among the world’s leading entertainment service companies, a pioneer in visual effects and sound across multiple mediums, and is home to the legendary Star Wars and Indiana Jones franchises.