Position at Industrial Light & Magic
This posting is an opportunity to submit your resume for future consideration; this is not a role that is open at this time. We anticipate this role may be open in the future, but we are not actively hiring for the position. If you would like to be considered for this potential role, please submit your resume. If the role becomes available, you may receive an email or call from a recruiter.
We are looking for an experienced, forward-thinking artist and leader who reflects the innovative spirit and passion for great filmmaking that defines ILM.
The Virtual Art Department (VAD) bridges the gap between Production Design and VFX. The VAD Senior Artist works within the Production Art Department to help the team create Real Time environments and assets for Virtual Production scouts.
What you'll do
• Create 3D Real Time assets (by doing model/texture, complex lighting) to realize the 3d environment build.
• Create blocking geometry for initial environment block out.
• Process and cleanup photogrammetry assets.
• Tune assets and environments to be performance-optimized for scouting.
• As needed, act as a Lead on an environment or asset and create the look that the rest of the team follows.
• As needed, work directly with the Client (director or director of photography) operating scouts and re-lights.
• Communicate the status of your work and your teams work to Production and VAD Supervisor.
• Interpret feedback to respond to review notes with little supervisory direction.
• Participate as a team member in providing various aesthetic solutions; provide feedback to other members of the team by attending dailies on a regular basis and reviewing their work regularly.
• Mentor Apprentice and Jr. Artists and assist them with their work.
• Help develop and test tools and techniques before they are rolled out to VAD artists.
What we're looking for
• A strong foundation in photo-realistic, traditional, or digital art skills with an emphasis on landscapes and interiors.
• Experience using a Real Time engine like Unreal or Unity.
• A demonstrated ability to quickly pick up new software.
• A person who exhibits strong teamwork, excellent communication and interdisciplinary thinking.
• A Bachelor's Degree OR 5+ years relevant experience (professional OR amateur)
• Proven ability in one or more CG techniques, including modeling, texturing, shading, lighting, look development, matte painting or compositing OR proven artistic ability in a non-CG field.
• Demonstrated knowledge in some or all of these software packages: Photoshop, 3DsMax, Maya, Perforce and 3D paint programs like Substance Painter. Comparable software experience considered.
• • •
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rz5x6n-3-236-170-171-42 in your application.