Technical Support Specialist
London, United Kingdom
Position at Industrial Light & Magic
• Will lead, mentor, and collaborate with the technology teams on engineering projects, systems development, tech support and resolution of high level technical issues.
• Responsible for day to day systems support in the London studio, including IT and engineering needs, triage, development and remediation.
• Will provide the 'face of technology' in the studio while leveraging the support infrastructure from other ILM studios.
• Manage local tech vendor performance, purchase and support expectations.
• Will manage support escalations on behalf of London artists where issues cannot be resolved locally.
• Partner with global Lucasfilm technology groups and production leadership to plan strategic roadmaps, anticipating near and long term needs.
• Supervise utilization of production systems including monitoring, resource management and performance of any storage, desktop and rendering resource.
• Manage the evaluation and development of emerging solutions to keep Lucasfilm on the leading edge of production technology.
• Maintain strong working relationships with vendors, integrators, and service contractors.
• Constantly monitor and adjust strategy to take advantage of advancements in the industry.
• Support and train relevant personnel.
• Provide support for production system issues when appropriate.
• Provide regular status reports to management and executive teams.
• Provide input for the relevant budgets and financial planning.
• May be assigned to special projects, as needed
• Propose, cost, design, develop and implement production engineering systems.
• Direct systems engineering efforts in high performance computing, distributed compute environments, platform development (primarily Linux OS) and systems optimization.
• Maintain production engineering standards and practices, with relevant documentation.
• Lead technical projects from initial concept through deployment on schedule and on budget.
• Conceptualize the design specifications, establish production client requirements, work with technology teams and clients to plan project costs, timelines, tasks, and dedicate appropriate resources.
• Significant experience of systems engineering in complex heterogeneous environments.
• Computer Science degree or equivalent experience required.
• Solid experience with Linux, Mac, and Windows operating systems and related hardware.
• Excellent knowledge of high performance computing practices, systems engineering principles, core infrastructure services, and production systems and pipelines.
• Be able to demonstrate foresight, creativity and mature judgment in resolving complex engineering challenges in a production environment.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, capable of negotiating resolution of critical engineering issues involving various technical teams.
• Excellent problem solving skills
• Previous experience as a technologist in the Visual Effects industry preferred.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rz57n3-3-236-50-173-42 in your application.
Lucasfilm is among the world’s leading entertainment service companies, a pioneer in visual effects and sound across multiple mediums, and is home to the legendary Star Wars and Indiana Jones franchises.