Position at Industrial Light & Magic
This posting is an opportunity to submit your resume for future consideration; this is not a role that is open at this time. We anticipate this role may be open in the future, but we are not actively hiring for the position. If you would like to be considered for this potential role, please submit your resume. If the role becomes available, you may receive an email or call from a recruiter.
We are looking for an experienced artist who reflects the innovative spirit and passion for great filmmaking that define ILM.
The Senior FX Technical Director generates FX animation, procedural simulation, dynamic simulation, particle and fluid systems for feature film visual effects. They light, render and do moderate-level compositing of complex shots and elements with limited guidance from their supervisors.
What you'll do
• Design and create FX animation, procedural simulation, dynamic simulation, particle and fluid systems within the designated time frame
• Present shot work in dailies by clearly and briefly outlining what has been accomplished and what next will be addressed in the shot
• Mentor Jr. Artists
• Develop small scale, show-specific tools for non-FX TDs and other FX TDs
• Write plug-ins, set-up sequences and debug simulations
What we're looking for
• Advanced simulation experience with either Houdini, Maya, 3DS Max or other software. Solid compositing ability
• Demonstrated ability to pick up new pipelines
• An excellent aesthetic eye; able to anticipate potential problems and using tool knowledge to achieve the desired look
• Good communication and follow-through. Superb problem-solving skills - taking the initiative to offer ideas and suggestions
• You probably have 3-5 or more years experience in production experience or feature film/TV/games experience with effects simulation work
• You have a Bachelor's Degree in CG or Games or a related field or you have gained that experience by working in our industry
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gx30mj-3-233-219-62-42 in your application.