Position at ILMxLAB
We are looking for a designer who reflects the innovative spirit, creative talent, production excellence, collaborative mindset, and passion for great storytelling that defines ILMxLAB.
Senior Experience Designers are key members of the Game Design team. Senior Experience Designers solve problems associated with implementation of assets into our games. Ideal candidates are comfortable with the more technical aspects of game design and are analytical thinkers.
You will partner with our world-class art and creative teams to ensure assets are integrated seamlessly in the engine and adhere to our quality and performance benchmarks.
What You'll Do
• Lead by example. Build designs in-engine, sell new ideas to producers, and give solid feedback during reviews.
• Able to serve as lead experience designer on projects and act as owner of design elements for VR and AR shows during bidding, pre-production, production, and post production.
• Author and maintain design documentation - creative briefs, wireframes, flows & UI proposals
• Work closely with production, engineering and art teams to understand the goals for each project, and identify conventional and unconventional solutions to deliver on the strategic roadmap.
• Playtest and provide regular feedback to optimize workflow or improve on our experiences
• Collaborate with other disciplines to arrive at compromises and creative solutions to deliver a quality product on time and on budget.
• Collaborate in development of breakdowns, task lists, and estimates with leads as necessary; participate in project stand-ups, meetings, and reviews.
What We're Looking For
• Bachelor's Degree in entertainment design, game design, interaction design, new media design, related field or equivalent experience.
• At least (2-3) 5+ years professional experience as a game/level designer or asset/content integrator, and demonstrable facility in the process & design of interactive experiences: knowledge of flow, pace, engagement, structure, environment, storytelling, replay, etc.
• Proficient with at least one game engine (Unreal Engine preferred), and previous, professional experience working with game engines, using scripting tools to orchestrate events, systems, and implementing work into the pipeline.
• Knowledge, appreciation (& identification) of design patterns related to design of user-centred interactive experiences & UI
• Analysis – your instincts get you very far. You know the power of metrics & data and want to discover the best possible experience via collected analytics and community feedback.
• Expert with standard design communication tools: Illustrator, Photoshop, Visio / OmniGraffle
• Skilled with level design & media prototyping tools: Unity, Unreal, SketchUp, After Effects, etc.
• Works well with direction, but also is self motivated and will seek out solutions to unexpected problems.
• Ability to work independently and efficiently under tight deadlines
**FOR US BASED NEW HIRES ONLY:** We are taking a responsible approach to creating environments that allow us to do what we do best - entertain and inform millions around the world. As part of our commitment to health and safety, COVID-19 vaccines are required for current US salaried and non-union hourly employees, as well as all newly hired US employees.
• • •
This position is with Industrial Light & Magic, which is part of a business we call Industrial Light & Magic.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d9xqk7-44-192-65-228-42 in your application.