London, United Kingdom
Position at Industrial Light & Magic
Responsible for rigging and enveloping hero to background creature, vehicles and props in Maya. Able to wrangle rigging and creature pipeline issues proficiently under the direction and guidance of their supervisors.
Ability to run flesh-surface, hair, rigid sim, crowd, and/or cloth simulations.
Primary Responsibilities and Accountabilities
• Provide rigging and enveloping support in Maya for various vehicles, characters, and creatures.
• Run cloth, hair, rigid body, crowd, or muscle simulations.
• Troubleshoot creature pipeline issues for artists in other disciplines
• Script utilities/tools/plug-ins in Maya.
• Participate in reviews, dailies, and department meetings as required.
• Mentor entry level artists
• Special projects as necessary
Key Peers or Relationships
Key Creatives, Show Production, Department Talent Manager
• Experience in Computer Graphics, Computer Science.
• Experience as Maya rigger for assets in digital animation, visual effects, games, commercials
• Experience running simulation shot work and creating simulation setups.
• Experience in corrective sculpting. Understanding of anatomy and enveloping.
• Experience with Massive or Houdini crowd software.
• Proficiency with Linux.
• Experience with python scripting and C++
• Good communication skills
Lucasfilm is among the world’s leading entertainment service companies, a pioneer in visual effects and sound across multiple mediums, and is home to the legendary Star Wars and Indiana Jones franchises.