Position at Industrial Light & Magic
We are looking for engineers to join our Virtual Production R&D team, to help us advance the state of the art in real time virtual production technology for major motion pictures and television.
We're looking for engineers with experience in-camera vfx, performance capture, real-time visualization, retargeting and/or complex systems integration. We need people with a keen interest in making production-worthy tools for artists, and with the drive to put them into action on our upcoming slate of exciting shows.
What You'll Do
• Work in a collaborative, distributed team of full-time software engineers, and work directly with highly specialized and supremely talented artists, in ILM's studios in San Francisco, Singapore, Vancouver, London, and Sydney
• Develop innovative algorithms and techniques, based on the latest in virtual production technology
• Design artist-friendly user interfaces and automated batch processes that scale to high volume visual effects production
• Integrate commercial and open-source systems into the ILM production pipeline; work with external organizations such as Disney Research, and with commercial software and hardware vendors
• Work within and extend and support ILM's proprietary software systems
• Split time between long-term software development projects and day-to-day production support
What We're Looking For
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical field
• Previous experience in VFX or similar digital production facility
• Proficiency with realtime workflows and virtual production technology is desirable
• On set experience is desirable
• An intuitive sense of the demands of a fast-paced, creatively-driven visual effects production environment
• A readiness to trust others, be trustworthy, and play nice
• An ability to express yourself concisely, a willingness to speak up, and a conviction to keep everyone informed of progress and issues
• An ability to listen intently and understand artists' needs
• Creativity: an insightful and analytical thinker, and a creative problem solver
• Expert knowledge of programming in C++ and Python on Linux
• Thorough knowledge of technology related to animation and performance capture: character rigging, geometric deformations, dynamic simulation, computer vision, etc.
• Experience designing interfaces using GUI toolkits: Qt, PyQt/PySide, etc.
• Thorough knowledge of software design/development principles: design patterns, object-oriented design, agile development, etc.
• Experience working with a large, complex, mature, and dynamic code base
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gx78wo-3-235-60-144-42 in your application.