Account Manager - Integrated Marketing
San Francisco, CA
Position at ILMxLAB
This position has the flexibility to be in Los Angeles or San Francisco.
From a galaxy far, far away to other globally-beloved universes, ILMxLAB's body of work spans multiple award-winning experiences in virtual reality, mixed reality, and more.
The Publicity Manager will be an integral part of the core team at Lucasfilm's immersive entertainment studio. Your role will report to the Senior Manager, Marketing + Publicity and drive all publicity efforts across a curated collection of immersive entertainment experiences at an award-winning studio.
We are looking for a publicist who reflects the innovative spirit, collaborative mindset and passion for great storytelling that defines ILMxLAB.
What you'll do
• Identify and conduct proactive press pitches and outreach, cultivating strategic and diverse relationships with key journalists and outlets.
• Collaborate closely with the Marketing/PR team for cross-functional efforts, supporting creation of project campaigns by providing input and finding publicity opportunities.
• Coordinate with Lucasfilm, ILM, and Disney PR teams for required approvals.
• Run all briefing efforts for spokespeople for interviews, media days, and more.
• Manage media days and other press efforts end to end for both project campaigns and studio needs, including staffing interviews, pushing releases, and pulling breaks.
• Partner with internal production/development teams to ensure campaign messaging and PR contributions stay on track with the project creative and schedule.
• Support panel organization for spokespeople: crafting messaging outlines, researching and vetting moderators, coaching panelists, and managing the day of needs.
• Liaise with external talent for campaign opportunities with tact and professionalism.
• Contribute to thought leadership strategy, from recommendation to execution.
• Manage owned channel editorial opportunities within Lucasfilm and Disney, like StarWars.com, This Week In Star Wars, and more.
• Draft press releases, boilerplates, and other press materials; manage press lists.
• Write original, interesting articles for ILMxLAB.com blog.
• Own internal comms for ILMxLAB, drafting company-wide emails from executives and studio-centric messaging as appropriate throughout the year.
• Identify awards opportunities and manage entire submissions processes, including crafting case studies and materials.
• Support all presentations and talks for studio talent, working through deck approvals, rehearsals, and other prep to ensure success.
• Offer analysis on all press efforts for studio leadership and campaign coverage.
What we're looking for
• 4 - 6+ years entertainment-focused experience, with proven success creating and managing publicity campaigns, is mandatory. Major IP experience is a plus.
• Must be able to handle sensitive information and VIPs with discretion and tact.
• A collaborative, can-do spirit is key, with the intent of finding solutions rather than dwelling too long on problems.
• Ability to cultivate strong relationships with journalists to build long lasting opportunities is a must have.
• Familiarity or experience with immersive platforms and technology (VR, MR/AR, LBE, etc.) very desirable.
• Attention to detail plus a creative, strategic and responsible nature desirable.
• Exemplary presentation, written and verbal communication skills a must.
• Proven success with tracking a high volume of competing and shifting priorities, sometimes on a daily basis.
• Proficiency with G Suite, Keynote, and other common software is required.
The pioneering spirit that inspired storytellers and technical artists to improvise, innovate and imagine a galaxy far, far away is built into the DNA of ILMxLAB – the new laboratory for immersive entertainment. The combined talents of Lucasfilm, Industrial Light & Magic and Skywalker Sound are reinventing the way stories are told and experienced, connecting artists with their audiences like never before.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call ILMxLAB.
Lucasfilm is among the world’s leading entertainment service companies, a pioneer in visual effects and sound across multiple mediums, and is home to the legendary Star Wars and Indiana Jones franchises.