This posting is an opportunity to submit your resume for future consideration; this is not a role that is open at this time. We anticipate this role may be open in the future, but we are not actively hiring for the position. If you would like to be considered for this potential role, please submit your resume. If the role becomes available, you may receive an email or call from a recruiter.
We are looking for a Production Technology Systems Engineer who reflects the innovative spirit, creative talent, production excellence, collaborative mindset and passion for great filmmaking that define Lucasfilm.
The Production Technology Systems Engineer is responsible for local and global support of Production technology service infrastructure including networking, storage and servers. They will be embedded with the Lucasfilm Production Technology Team and assist/liaise directly with remote Production support teams in the UK, LA or any other active production location.
They will have a dotted line into the larger Technology Team Leads and Managers in San Francisco to ensure that systems are deployed, managed and maintained in line with
Operational Standards and follow security best practices for the company.
The Production Technology Systems Engineer will actively work on behalf of Production technology to manage tasks and issues through the Lucasfilm team or actively troubleshoot and resolve on their own, as well as work on R&D efforts to ensure new technologies are researched and deployed to solve problems for our Productions.
• Manage, Maintain and support various systems, servers and services on behalf of Production Technology including (but not limited to):
• Network devices such as switches and Firewalls
• Wifi Infrastructure, including on set devices and access points.
• Network attached storage device management.
• Enterprise Class Servers
• Contribute to larger Production technology projects as required, including R&D efforts around emerging technologies that help solve production challenges.
• Act as the primary technical support responder to Perform troubleshooting to isolate, diagnose and resolve complex network / storage problems.
• Produce detailed implementation instructions or carry out required changes to complete tasks/projects, resolve incidents/problems, and for changes/improvements requested by management and the architecture teams.
• Implement and maintain effective service monitoring, maintenance programs, and foundational system design with a Production perspective.
• Work closely with other technical groups to ensure that IT standards and technologies are in line with the overall technical direction and security posture of Lucasfilm and its companies.
• Write functional requirements/specifications documents and update/maintain all documentation requested by management
• Provide Excellent Customer Service Support, including clear verbal and written communications,
• Must be available via mobile phone or participate in off hours support of the global Production team.
• Must be available to travel, including internationally as needed, sometimes on short notice.
• 4 to 5 years of experience in network and storage administration with enterprise level hardware and software.
• Knowledge of routers, firewalls, switches and related network and security equipment and appliances in a multiprotocol environment, including but not limited to: Ruckus, Fortinet, Pulse Secure
• Knowledge of Enterprise / Mid Tier storage systems such as Netapp, QNAP, configuration and management using the CLI.
• Have a strong understanding of IT security concepts, procedures and implementations.
• Proven experience designing, building, automating and supporting large-scale technical infrastructure in a multi-site, multi-platform environment.
• Ability to learn new applications and systems on the job is required.
• Thorough knowledge of system performance issues and tuning.
• Experience in integrating systems into monitoring and alerting systems such as Zabbix.
• Associates or Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or a similar degree prefered.
• Solid working knowledge of Apple / Microsoft and / or Linux Operating Systems and how they work with back end systems in an enterprise environment.
• 3+ year's experience with high performance review pipeline technology, including streaming protocols, editorial infrastructure and production toolsets and workflows a plus
• A deep understanding of Movie and/or Episodic TV Production workflows and approaches will be a plus.
• Detailed understanding of VMWare, GCP and AWS virtualization environments running Windows hosts, including virtual desktop, virtual server implementations a plus.
• A clear and concise communicator, written and verbal, with the ability to keep end users informed of progress and managers informed of requests.
• An effective self-driven team player with a proven ability to resolve problems professionally and systematically.
• Passionate about delivering rigorous follow-through on assigned tasks.
• An agile, flexible and quick thinker: this is an energetic, dynamic environment requiring an ability to adapt to rapidly changing requirements.
• Must be able to Lift up to 50 lbs.
This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely. A remote opportunity may be possible for qualified candidates under certain circumstances and, if granted, the employee would work remotely on an ongoing basis.
Lucasfilm is a global leader in film, television and digital entertainment production. In addition to its motion-picture and television production, the company's activities include visual effects, audio post-production and cutting-edge digital animation, interactive entertainment software, and the management of the global merchandising activities for its entertainment properties including the legendary STAR WARS and INDIANA JONES franchises. Lucasfilm Ltd. is headquartered in northern California.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d5jxx0-44-200-74-241-42 in your application.