San Francisco, CA
Production Financial Analyst (Stagecraft)
San Francisco, CA
Position at Industrial Light & Magic
We are looking for a Production Financial Analyst who reflects the innovative spirit, creative talent, production excellence, collaborative mindset and passion for great filmmaking that define ILM.
The ideal Production Financial Analyst is a resourceful and hands-on team player who is responsible for the handling of complex production finance work for specific project(s) using a combination of detailed accounting and financial planning strategies. They will provide both general and specialized analysis support, while working with discretion as to the work details on assignments that cover a variety of projects. The Production Financial Analyst also works closely with VFX Producers, production staff, and other departments including general accounting, legal, and FP&A.
What you’ll do
• Assist Producers in managing all financial aspects of StageCraft Projects:
• Budgets and Estimated Final Cost (EFC) Reports.
• Weekly status reports for the VFX Producer and Executive Management.
• Prepare weekly billings for re-billable costs as required.
• Review weekly detail reports for accuracy and makes reclassification as required.
• Prepare multi project “portfolio” reporting for Executive Management.
• Participate in designing the production/finance workflow for StageCraf.t
• Work with legal to assure contracts are in place and contractual terms are followed.
• Provide show information needed for facility forecasting and planning.
• Prepare cost analyses and other special reports as needed.
• Work on non-StageCraft projects as needed, including partnering with other ILM facilities in developing budgets, EFC, and weekly status reports.
• Prepare scenario-planning and cost projections, including estimating various regional tax incentives.
• Work with external production manager to integrate remote facility and outside vendor documentation.
• Handle other responsibilities to support the facility as a whole as assigned.
What we’re looking for
• 6-8 years of professional experience or more years experience in...
• A Bachelor's Degree in [Finance] or related or you have gained that experience by working in our industry. Having a CPA or MBA is strongly encouraged
• 3+ years feature (or entertainment/advertising industries) production finance accounting experience in a multi-currency environment.
• A deep understanding of accounting principles
• Expert proficiency in Excel.
• Experience with IT applications such as Oracle (Oracle Projects.) TM1 experience a plus.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks within a high-pressure environment while meeting strict deadlines. Focused on continuing improvements to the organization in striving for excellence.
• Must be flexible, adaptable to working in a creatively driven environment. Handles challenging issues with diplomacy. Able to facilitate cross-functional problem-solving.
• Strategic business partnering approach. Open and direct communication style, good listening skills. Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Highly motivated, seasoned, and self-assured.
• A well-developed sense of humor, which helps to bring perspective and energy to the team.
• An understanding of the Visual Effects production process is a plus, but not required
Lucasfilm is among the world’s leading entertainment service companies, a pioneer in visual effects and sound across multiple mediums, and is home to the legendary Star Wars and Indiana Jones franchises.