BI Data Analyst
London, United Kingdom
Production Finance Analyst (StageCraft)
London, United Kingdom
Position at Industrial Light & Magic
We are looking for a Production Financial Analyst who reflects the innovative spirit, create talent, production excellence, collaborative mindset and passion for great filmmaking that defines ILM.
The ideal Production Financial Analyst is a resourceful and hands-on team player who is responsible for the handling of complex production finance work for specific project(s) using a combination of detailed accounting and financial planning strategies. They will provide both general and specialized analysis support. while working with discretion as to the work details on assignments that cover a variety of projects. The Production Financial Analyst also works closely with VFX Producers, production staff and other departments including general accounting, legal and FP&A.
Collaboration and Teamwork are keywords for the Production Finance Analyst. On any given day, you might:
• Assist Producers in managing all financial aspects of StageCraft Projects.
• Budget and Estimate Final Cost (EFC) Reports.
• Weekly status reports for the VFX Producer and Executive Management.
• Prepare weekly billings for re-billable costs as required.
• Review weekly detail reports for accuracy and makes reclassification as required.
• Prepare multi project ''portfolio'' reporting for Executive Management.
• Participate in designing the production/finance workflow for StageCraft.
• Work with legal to assure contracts are in place and contractual terms are as followed.
• Provide show information needed for facility forecasting and planning.
• Prepare cost analyses and other special reports as needed.
• Work on non - StageCraft projects as needed, including partnering with other ILM Facilities in developing budgets, EFC and weekly status reports.
• Experience in [Finance] or you have gained that experience by working in our industry.
• Experience in (or entertainment/advertising industries) production finance accounting experience in a multi-currency environment.
• A deep understanding of accounting principles.
• Expert proficiency in Excel.
• Experience with IT applications such as Oracle (Oracle Projects.) TM1 experience a plus.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks within a high-pressure environment while meeting strict deadlines. Focused on continuing improvements to the organization in striving for excellence.
• Must be flexible, adaptable to working in a creatively driven environment. Handles challenging issues with diplomacy. Able to facilitate cross-functional problem-solving.
• Strategic business partnering approach. Open and direct communication style, good listening skills. Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Highly motivated, seasoned, and self-assured.
• A well-developed sense of humor, which helps to bring perspective and energy to the team.
• An understanding of the Visual Effects production process is a plus, but not required
Lucasfilm is among the world’s leading entertainment service companies, a pioneer in visual effects and sound across multiple mediums, and is home to the legendary Star Wars and Indiana Jones franchises.