Virtual Production TD
London, United Kingdom
Position at Industrial Light & Magic
Under the direction of the StageCraft Motion Capture Supervisor the Mocap TD will operate and support the motion capture system during virtual production.
• Daily operation of Vicon motion capture system in a live action shooting environment
• Daily calibration of the capture Volume
• Calibration of camera tracking objects
• Maintenance of markers, tracking objects, and mocap hardware
• Work with camera dept and stage tech to fabricate tracking objects, and reliably attach tracking object & other devices to cameras
• Assist with motion capture camera placement
• Troubleshoot Vicon data quality
• Ensure capture of all data, with slate names that are in sync with production
• Communicates with the StageCraft team on the status of the camera tracking
• Assists Mocap Lead with adjustment of mocap camera placement to ensure coverage
• Assists with camera offset and lens calibration protocols
• Routing of video signals
• Experience working with Vicon or other motion capture system
• On-set production experience preferred
• Must be able to execute technically difficult work and maintain a productive attitude under the pressure of live-action production.
• Must have knowledge of film production.
• Familiarity with video hardware and signals preferred.
• Must be highly computer literate with Linux and Windows Operating Systems.
• Must be an excellent troubleshooter to diagnose and solve issues in complex integrated systems of computers, video recording systems, software, and other sensor-driven systems.
• Familiar with a variety of the concepts, practices, and procedures used in visual effects and film production.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g4k0e1-3-226-72-118-42 in your application.
Lucasfilm is among the world’s leading entertainment service companies, a pioneer in visual effects and sound across multiple mediums, and is home to the legendary Star Wars and Indiana Jones franchises.