VFX Generalist Supervisor
Position at Industrial Light & Magic
Modelers are responsible for building a variety of creature and/or hard surface models to be used by other disciplines along the pipeline under the direction and guidance of their supervisors.
• Creates three-dimensional hard surface models like mechanical objects, environments, and props for the Animator, Painter, and Technical Director. Employs specific software tools to build the geometric structure of the object and ensures that the model will satisfy the requirements of the production.
• In building an object, the modeler must incorporate technical expertise, artistic ability, an understanding of mechanisms, and a basic understanding of animation
• Works with production team (Sr. Modeler, Technical Directors, Painters and Animators) to determine the “look” for an object
• Builds the geometry of computer graphic models, with an understanding of how the geometry will be used in the production process.
• Performs other tasks related to the creation of computer-generated animation.
Education / Experience
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent. Traditional sculpting skills a plus.
• Proven experience creating organic and inorganic objects in a feature film or production environment.
• Requires familiarity with film or games post production technique and with computer graphic techniques.
• 3+ years modeling experience.
Required Skills / Competencies
• Knowledge of Linux is a necessity to navigate through ILM’s production pipeline.
• Requires 3+ years ZBrush and Maya experience.
• Experience with set dressing for sequences in shots required.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic.
Lucasfilm is among the world’s leading entertainment service companies, a pioneer in visual effects and sound across multiple mediums, and is home to the legendary Star Wars and Indiana Jones franchises.