We are looking for a Manager, Production Finance who reflects the innovative spirit, creative talent, production excellence, collaborative mindset and passion for great filmmaking that define Lucasfilm.
The Manager, Production Finance will apply and implement new processes, document workflows, and manage process changes. This role will also have insight into our slate of shows for streaming, and guide internal cross-functional partners on production finance-related matters.
• Review production budgets, cash flow, funding requests and weekly closing reports for completeness and accuracy for assigned shows; identify and escalate any anomalies to the VP of Production Finance.
• Act as a key resource to production accountants on studio policies and procedures; provide guidance on corporate structure, flow of funding and intercompany journal entries or bill backs.
• Work closely and collaboratively with cross-functional partners including production, creative, business affairs, post production, Lucasfilm finance, HR, and IT, etc.
• Set up and manage production and production finance software for all shows including: digital purchase orders, Crew Start and Smart Start (online crew onboarding), Global Vista, PSL+, Digital Time Keeping, DocuSign, Scenechronize, Studio System, etc.
• Generate and analyze monthly and annual cash forecast of feature film and Disney+ spend across all productions. Address and resolve any discrepancies.
• Manage bank accounts, online banking programs and bank encashment/cash delivery services and lines for credit for productions (domestic and international)
• Act as Production Accountant for Non-Fiction
• Partner with Disney Controllership in reconciling SAP funding to EFC's reported by production accounting and compile ETC's for released productions at quarter close.
• Review and interpret periodic production accounting deliverables with Disney Controllership and Tax
• Manage production accounting database and chart of accounts setup in conjunction with Production Accounting, Controllership, and Disney Tax in light of compliance and reporting initiatives
• Identify process improvement opportunities with focus on driving efficiency, transparency and collaboration across the studio.
• Manage special projects and ad-hoc reports as needed.
• Supervise the work of various Production Finance staff (Coordinator, File Clerk).
• Detail-oriented with strong analytical skills
• Ability to multi-task
• A self-motivated problem-solver with a strong desire to contribute to the team and Company's success
• Desire to work seamlessly within a strong team in a fast-paced, unpredictable, ambiguous environment
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
• Maturity to handle confidential information
• Minimum 6 years' experience in a broad accounting or finance role
• Experience with major ERP accounting systems (SAP, Oracle, etc.) a plus
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel; experience with TM1 a plus
• Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, or related field required
Lucasfilm is a global leader in film, television and digital entertainment production. In addition to its motion-picture and television production, the company's activities include visual effects, audio post-production and cutting-edge digital animation, interactive entertainment software, and the management of the global merchandising activities for its entertainment properties including the legendary STAR WARS and INDIANA JONES franchises. Lucasfilm Ltd. is headquartered in northern California.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rv1xwj-44-192-253-106-42 in your application.
Lucasfilm is among the world’s leading entertainment service companies, a pioneer in visual effects and sound across multiple mediums, and is home to the legendary Star Wars and Indiana Jones franchises.