VFX Generalist Supervisor
Position at Industrial Light & Magic
Lighting Technical Directors (TD) work with direction from the Visual Effects Supervisors and Sequence Supervisors to create the look of computer generated objects and scenes. They are responsible for lighting, shading, rendering, and some compositing. TDs work with other artists such as Character Animator, Rotoscope Artists and Compositors to bring the shot together.
• Creates images, effects and programs for digitally composited sequences
• Responsible for compiling the various elements of a shot and seeing it through to completion
• Designs and implements direct and reflected lighting and shadows for assigned shots that meet art and tone direction
• Develop solutions and techniques that meet art/technical direction
• Able to navigate and use previous setups for at least a dozen shots, insertion of shot specialization, managing multiple assets and lighting setups
• Management of volumetric light setups, including shadowing and cucoloris development
• Light, material assign and render for actors using CG hair and scattering skin materials.
Education / Experience
• Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering or computer graphics or equivalent 3-5+ years production experience or feature film experience with effects simulation work
Required Skills / Technical Competencies
• Linux and scripting ability in Python
• Advanced simulation experience with either Houdini, Maya, XSI, 3DS Max or other software, and ability to write expressions or authoring of shaders
Preferred Skills / Competencies
• Experience in MEL
• C++ skills also applicable
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic.
Lucasfilm is among the world’s leading entertainment service companies, a pioneer in visual effects and sound across multiple mediums, and is home to the legendary Star Wars and Indiana Jones franchises.