Position at Industrial Light & Magic
This posting is an opportunity to submit your resume for future consideration; this is not a role that is open at this time. We anticipate this role may be open in the future, but we are not actively hiring for the position. If you would like to be considered for this potential role, please submit your resume. If the role becomes available, you may receive an email or call from a recruiter.
We are looking for an artist who reflects the innovative spirit and passion for great filmmaking that define ILM.
The Virtual Art Department (VAD) bridges the gap between concept art and VFX. The VAD Junior Artist works within that team to create Real Time environments for Virtual Production scouts.
What you'll do
• Work with the team creating 3D Real Time assets (by doing model/texture, basic lighting) to realize the 3d environment build.
• Create blocking geometry for initial environment block out.
• Create entry-level props and environments.
• Process and cleanup photogrammetry assets.
• Tune assets and environments to be performance-optimized for scouting.
• Communicate status to Production and VAD Supervisor. Follow through on specific artistic direction.
• Attend dailies.
What we're looking for
• A strong foundation in photo-realistic, traditional, or digital art skills with an emphasis on landscapes and interiors.
• Some experience using a Real Time engine like Unreal or Unity. You are open to learning, with a demonstrated interest in and ability to quickly pick up new software.
• A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Graphics, Fine Arts, Games or Photography OR related OR you have gained that experience by working in our industry.
• A proven ability in one or more CG techniques, including modeling, texturing, shading, lighting, look development.
• A person who exhibits strong teamwork, excellent communication and interdisciplinary thinking.
• Some entry-level knowledge in some or all of these software packages: Photoshop, 3DsMax, Maya, Perforce and 3D paint programs like Substance Painter. Comparable software experience considered.
• • •
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rnko9o-3-236-98-69-42 in your application.