Position at Industrial Light & Magic
Industrial Light & Magic, London are seeking a Junior Technical Support Specialist to join the Infrastructure team to work onsite/remote for our busy Vfx/CGI studio, initially on a 3 month contract.
The Junior Technical Support Specialist helps to provide high-performance operations support in a busy user environment. The position focuses on troubleshoot, research, diagnose, document, and resolve technical issues surrounding Windows, SCCM, Centos Linux, MAC OSX, VMware, MS Office, e-mail, Internet connections, and hardware/peripherals IT systems and support their users in an efficient, professional, courteous, and prompt manner.
• Efficient installation and configuration of software as well as troubleshoot and repair of malfunctioning software in a Linux and Windows environment.
• Manage end user expectations and systems issues using technical and client service skills.
• Manage the fundamentals of IT security protocol (account administration, etc.)
• In association with Production Engineers, install and configure software as well as troubleshoot and repair malfunctioning software in the PC environment.
• Administer mail systems, system installation and configuration, printing systems, installation of third-party software.
• Setup and upgrade computer systems in a networked environment with minimum end user interruption.
• Properly integrate devices such as printers, scanners, and digitizing tablets with Linux, Macintosh and Windows systems.
• Proactively analyze existing processes, identify areas for improvement and propose achievable solutions.
• Actively participate in ongoing process creation, improvement discussions and projects in both an individual and group setting.
• Manage break-fix expectations with staff and effectively communicate changes accordingly.
• Troubleshoot and repair, or arrange for repair of defective computer equipment.
• Effectively communicate status of issues and projects in progress to concerned parties on a timely basis.
• Identify and recommend solutions to technical issues as needed.
• Document and communicate system support issues with end users, IT staff, and management.
• Perform special projects as needed.
Education / Experience
• Experience of desktop support in a fast-paced production environment.
Required Skills / Competencies
• Good understanding of technology and the role of the client in relation to the larger IT infrastructure.
• Linux operating systems (CentOS primarily) and/or Macintosh operating system (OSX). Command line experience required. Remote management and scripting experience helpful.
• Able to communicate in a professional and friendly manner with co-workers and customers.
• Excellent technical, verbal and written skills.
• Self-starter, energetic, strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize workload.
• Team player that strives to maximize team/department performance.
• Detail-oriented and be able to handle a variety of tasks in an efficient manner.
• Able to manage time effectively, triage and prioritize based on production needs.
• A+ Certification or MCDST Certification is a plus.
• Regular heavy lifting of computer hardware
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rj2vo0-3-236-231-61-42 in your application.