Sr. Product Designer
San Francisco, CA
Position at Industrial Light & Magic
The Junior Motion Graphics Artist conceptualizes, designs, develops and executes 2D and 3D motion graphics and animations for internal development projects and client needs. Responsible for creating all elements for HUD animations, titles, and motion explorations.
What You'll Do
• Work with production team (Art Director, VFX Supervisor) to execute the desired look of 2D and 3D projects
• Assist with storyboarding and creative compositions/shot set-up
• Actively participate in concept design, and project meetings
• Meet project deadlines/milestones, as set by project leads, and the production department
• Communicate potential or discovered design and production issues/concerns to the Production Team.
• Perform special projects as assigned
What We're Looking For
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Graphic Design, Drawing, Animation or equivalent artistic background and education required
• 1 to 2 years production experience in computer graphics, animation or video
• Must be proficient in Adobe Illustrator/Photoshop and highly proficient in Adobe After Effects
• Must have excellent design, layout, typography and color theory skills.
• Experience with a 3D package is necessary (Maya, Max, Cinema 4D or Blender)
Lucasfilm is among the world’s leading entertainment service companies, a pioneer in visual effects and sound across multiple mediums, and is home to the legendary Star Wars and Indiana Jones franchises.