San Francisco, CA
Position at Industrial Light & Magic
We are looking for an artist who reflects the creative talent and passion for great filmmaking that define ILM.
Junior Generalists learn how to use a variety of software packages to create photo-real environments and elements. They have a strong foundation in photo-realistic, traditional, or digital art skills with an emphasis on landscapes.
What you'll do
• Produce entry level shot work, including simple sequence-based lighting/rendering tasks, rendering env map/360 spheres, basic model and texture tweaks and HDRI environment map stitching and organization
• Communicate shot status to Production and Supervisor and follow through on specific artistic direction
• Attend dailies
• Check files and scenes from outsource vendors for consistency
• Write documentation of processes and workflows
• Tune renders for shot efficiency
• Work with the show/department Tech lead to test software
• Update and organize Generalist-specific libraries
What we're looking for
• You have a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Graphics, Fine Arts, Design or Photography or related or you have gained that experience by working in our industry.
• You have a proven ability in one or more CG techniques, including modeling, texturing, shading, lighting, look development, matte painting or compositing.
• Strong artistic skills
• Exhibits strong teamwork, excellent communication and interdisciplinary thinking.
• Demonstrated interest in and ability to quickly pick up new software.
• Some entry-level understanding in some or all of these software packages: Photoshop, 3dsmax, Maya, Houdini, a ray trace renderer and 2d compositing software. Comparable software experience considered
Lucasfilm is among the world’s leading entertainment service companies, a pioneer in visual effects and sound across multiple mediums, and is home to the legendary Star Wars and Indiana Jones franchises.